Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. For anyone contemplating surgery with 1 kidney

I haven't been on here in a minute but I felt the need to express my journey in case anyone who reads this is in my shoes....

Before I had the GS surgery, I had a radical nephrectomy in 2012. In 2010 during a routine abdominal ultrasound for the Lap Band, a tumor was found on my left kidney. I never had any symptoms of kidney cancer and I fought my diagnosis from day 1. At the time, I was in nursing school and I was too busy to stop my life to worry about something I felt was nothing. ...
  2. 1st large goal DONE!!!

I am almost 2 months post op and I am oh so HAPPY to report that I am now at the same weight I was at 20 years old (I am 43 years young today =0).

At times I wonder if I am eating the right food, chewing slow enough, drinking enough protein, drinking enough water, am I eating too much, am I stretching my perfect little tummy, how much do I weigh...I can go on and on but I am sure everyone can relate to these questions. I will say that I am getting used to all of the compliments and ...
  3. Almost 1 month out!!!

This is a little bit about my personal journey but at the end, we are all unique and different, so do not worry....

When I contemplated WLS years ago, I wanted to have the Lap Band. When a tech found a tumor on my left kidney during a routine abdominal ultrasound, all WLS dreams was put to a halt. Fast forward 5 years later and with all of the medical issues related to the Lap Band, I knew the VGS was the right choice for me. I have only had 1 other surgery and I handled that perfectly ...
  4. Just sleeved 3/23

Hello....so I was just sleeved 2 days ago and my journey has been enlightening, to say the least.

To give a little history, I have 1 kidney related to renal cell carcinoma found in 2010 during an abdominal ultrasound for the Lap Band. I was blessed in 2013 to have my kidney removed and found it was to be stage 1 without any other involvement. I am a type 2 diabetic and I have been lucky to control it with diet, exercise and metformin. I also take Cozaar for kidney retention. ...