Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ibleedblue

1. delay in plans

My flight was cancelled this morning due to the snow storm. If I were to get in my car and drive to the nearest snow, it would be at least 6 hours. So, though I feel for the people stuck in the snow, when I think just about myself (which I'm quite good at) I feel a huge let down. Two things:
    1. I have to get up very very early tomorrow morning to board my 5 am flight
    2. I have to travel all day without even a sip of water.

Okay, I'm going to add the big unspoken #3: ...
  2. going out with a bang...

So since I was starting my preop diet today, last night my husband and I went out for "The Last Supper" lol. I decided on Mortons because I wasn't so sure when I would be eating steak again. Final bill = $350+ which is pretty impressive when you consider there were no cocktails involved. I actually felt a little sick after eating all that stuff. But I had lobster bisque, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, huge crab legs, a big ole bloody filet and the finale: a molten chocolate cake with haagen ...
  3. two more days till preop diet...

This morning, I broke up with cereal. Since I didn't want to buy another box of my cereal, I had some of my kids fruity pebbles. I told it, "cereal - I cant see you anymore. It's not you, its me. We had some good times, but I'm ready to move on. Maybe sometime in the future we can be friends, but for right now, I need my space."
    Pebbles was upset but he will get over it, and I think given enough time he will realize that, though painful, this decision is best for the both of us. ...
  4. big decision

Sitting here thinking about the upcoming surgery and getting nervous so I've decided to write it out, get it off my chest.
    I'm in this weird place between being excited and being sick to my stomach with worry of the unknown.
    I've struggled with weight for so long I don't even remember a time in my adult life when it wasn't an issue. I've always been about 30 pounds overweight, fluctuating with whatever torture of a diet I was on. I overeat to help deal with anxiety. Anxiety is an ...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345