Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AlisonThoren

1. Feeling Happy!

It has been 12 days since surgery and I am down 12-1/2 pounds! I started going to the gym at 1 week post-op (walking on the indoor track). I am used to going to the gym, so this is actually a lighter regimen for me. I have been walking 2-3 miles daily. The weather was so beautiful this past weekend that I hiked with my best friend. Hiking in Colorado is off the charts! Life is great and I am feeling very motivated!
  2. Crying in Denver....

Due to mechanical problems they called in a different plane that could not accommodate all of the passengers. As a result, I was bumped to the next flight. I called Dr. Almanza's office because the new plane won't land until 6:40 pm....they assured me the driver would wait. So upsetting and stressful to deal with this the day before surgery. I need a hug. :-(
  3. Snow, really???

At the airport, thankfully. Getting here was quite the challenge this morning. That's okay, I am off to sunny, Mexico!

Started the day with coffee and my Premiere Protein Shake. I am okay, not too hungry, but I did bring my chicken boullion in the event I am hungry on the flight. I am missing my usual Bloody Mary's at the airport (I always have them when I fly....not because I am nervous, but as a way of celebrating the trip).

Time to make some phone calls to ...
  4. Ready for tomorrow!

I am all packed up and ready to go to Mexico tomorrow. Hopefully the snow will not delay my departure and pick up at the San Diego Airport.

I am not really sure what to expect with the surgery being done in a foreign country. I am not scared of the surgery, I am concerned about the communication.

I will blog again tomorrow night from the hotel. Time to head to bed now. Want to be rested for the travel day.

Goodnight!

Alison
  5. The Journey has begun, again.

I had lapband surgery in 2008, and unfortunately it had to be removed in 2014 due to erosion. I had tremendous success with it. I lost over 100 pounds. Now the weight is creeping back up and clothes that once fit are no impossible to squeeze into. I am prepared for a life long change with the gastric sleeve. From what I can see, the rules to follow are similar to those of lapband, so, since I was so successful with that, I think I will be just fine with the sleeve surgery. ...