Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Wow, that is some success story!
    Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing.

I could do with a couple of pounds more, but I've been told that will happen in the course of the third year.
    We'll see..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Very impressive! Great story.

And yes -- some coffee drinks can be shockingly "expensive," eh?

Zoey101 -- you can look up calories online. Just google your drink and where you get it, e.g., Starbucks iced macchiato whole milk grande. Even better say 12 ounces.

The range of calories from one vendor to another can also be a shocker!

P.S. Per the My Fitness Pal database, a Starbucks grande 16-ounce Caramel Macchiato is 240 calories.
    Thanks Ann! 😀
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey101
    Hey Teri, Long time no see! Glad you're doing so well, I rarely ever come on here anymore which is super strange because the first 2 years I was on all day and night but life does get in the way some how. I gotta ask, exactly what kind of frozen coffe do you get? I can't believe it's that many calories, I get a medium iced Macchiatto with whole milk all the time but now you have me worried about the calories lol. I just passed my 3 year March 24th and I'm holding strong at 138 but do flucuate that 5lbs. every now and then but hey I'll take it so long as it doesn't get higher than that because I'm really comfortable at this weight. My gosh remember how much we were complaining about being too skinny! I'm really happy with this weight but if I start gaing I will be be much more mindful of what I'm doing. Anyway I hope everything is going well with you and your Family, have a great Summer, Sandy
    I know, I used to be on here every day now I come on once a week or so.
    It's dunkin donuts large caramel iced coffee.....it was damn good too.
    I get the Starbucks too but as Ann said it's under 300 cal. dunkin donuts must just pour sugar in and count to ten, or twenty, before stopping 😂
    text me sometime! Hope all is well!
    Very impressive! Great story.

And yes -- some coffee drinks can be shockingly "expensive," eh?

Zoey101 -- you can look up calories online. Just google your drink and where you get it, e.g., Starbucks iced macchiato whole milk grande. Even better say 12 ounces.

The range of calories from one vendor to another can also be a shocker!

P.S. Per the My Fitness Pal database, a Starbucks grande 16-ounce Caramel Macchiato is 240 calories.
    Hey Teri, Long time no see! Glad you're doing so well, I rarely ever come on here anymore which is super strange because the first 2 years I was on all day and night but life does get in the way some how. I gotta ask, exactly what kind of frozen coffe do you get? I can't believe it's that many calories, I get a medium iced Macchiatto with whole milk all the time but now you have me worried about the calories lol. I just passed my 3 year March 24th and I'm holding strong at 138 but do flucuate that 5lbs. every now and then but hey I'll take it so long as it doesn't get higher than that because I'm really comfortable at this weight. My gosh remember how much we were complaining about being too skinny! I'm really happy with this weight but if I start gaing I will be be much more mindful of what I'm doing. Anyway I hope everything is going well with you and your Family, have a great Summer, Sandy
    Glad to hear you caught your weight gain right away and got back to your fighting weight. I hear you about drinks...the only calories I drink are my nonfat latte made with fairlife milk and a scoop of collagen powder. It is my morning drink and gives me a huge protein boost as well.
    Missed you! Glad to hear things are going well.
    Eeww! I hate ticks! We are in NC, and its warm early here. We check the dogs, who are more apt to bring one in than we are. Thanks for sharing. Also, if ticks are out, so are snakes. Eww.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Good thing you saw it right away. My sister got a tick under her eyelid when we went camping when she was 12. Needless to say, I don't camp. LOL.
    omg I would have freaked out!!
    Good thing you saw it right away. My sister got a tick under her eyelid when we went camping when she was 12. Needless to say, I don't camp. LOL.
    Already?
    Thanks for the warning!
    Wow, thanks. I'm in DC & we hit 80 yesterday. Why didn't those stupid ticks die during those below freezing days???
    Thank you for your post! I am losing quickly and just reaching my 4th month post op. I noticed a lot more hair in my comb today and could totally relate to what you were saying. I too have a lot of hair and it is long but I want to keep as much of it as I can. My hubby said the other day that he does not want to see me get too thin. I laughed and told him we talked about this... I anticipate that I will get thin before by body figures out where I am supposed to be. I'm not sure, I was just a newbie a few short months ago myself. You look great and I really appreciate your honest post. (hugs) xoxoxo
    Thank you all for being nice....i was almost waiting to get a rude comment but I should know better, I've never had issues here.
    But yesterday I put on my jeans, size 2....they zipped up but no way in hell was I going Anywhere in them lol. Then I put on a 5 and had luv handles. Grrrr
    I'm going to use the elliptical every morning to make sure I don't gain and maybe loose the tummy a little. I'll post pics eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I get it. I am a size 1 now and trying not to lose more weight. But we became so used to seeing ourselves big that sometimes we can't adjust our minds around it. Hope you find your happy weight both physically and mentally!! Good luck.
    I was in your spot last year...the 1st time in my life that I actually wanted to gain! It took a year to gain!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey101
    Hey Terri, How the heck have you been? Reading your update is crazy because you and I are exactly the same weight now. Remember all those conversations about how sickly we looked and how badly we wanted to gain weight? Well, surprise, surprise it has happened and I don't know why but I feel the same way you do. I'm freaking out if I gain another pound and ironically we were once so much heavier than we still are now I feel like that really big girl that I used to be. It's crazy but now I have those "I feel so fat" days again. I think your right about how we just got used to being so thin and wearing the sizes we were once in that now it's a shock to carry this extra weight. I mean in all honesty I look allot healthier and not as bony but now I find myself once again wearing longer tops to hide my body again. Perhaps we need intense therapy "just kidding" but it is crazy how the mind has so much to do with how we think we look. Anyway I hope your doing well otherwise and the Hubby and kids are good. It's been pretty insane around here, my Husband had major back surgery 3 months ago and Ive been a full time nurse around the clock on top of a million other things going on. Would love to get together again and catch up, it really has been far too long!
    Hey!! We definitely need to get together! And yeah, this morning, every morning, I see clothes that just won't work....but I threw out the big stuff!!! I did my BMI and it's 22.2 in the 20th percentile....so 80% of people my height and she weigh more then me. That's crazy. Then I did the BMI of me at 130lbs and 91% of people were heavier.....but yes, I look much better and I do hear that a lot. But I'm getting the luv handle look and I don't want it lol
    I hope this all works out for you. I'm sure it will. All the best.
    I get it. I am a size 1 now and trying not to lose more weight. But we became so used to seeing ourselves big that sometimes we can't adjust our minds around it. Hope you find your happy weight both physically and mentally!! Good luck.
    Hey Terri, How the heck have you been? Reading your update is crazy because you and I are exactly the same weight now. Remember all those conversations about how sickly we looked and how badly we wanted to gain weight? Well, surprise, surprise it has happened and I don't know why but I feel the same way you do. I'm freaking out if I gain another pound and ironically we were once so much heavier than we still are now I feel like that really big girl that I used to be. It's crazy but now I have those "I feel so fat" days again. I think your right about how we just got used to being so thin and wearing the sizes we were once in that now it's a shock to carry this extra weight. I mean in all honesty I look allot healthier and not as bony but now I find myself once again wearing longer tops to hide my body again. Perhaps we need intense therapy "just kidding" but it is crazy how the mind has so much to do with how we think we look. Anyway I hope your doing well otherwise and the Hubby and kids are good. It's been pretty insane around here, my Husband had major back surgery 3 months ago and Ive been a full time nurse around the clock on top of a million other things going on. Would love to get together again and catch up, it really has been far too long!
    Being a mom and postpartum and overweight is tuff. I know! But you overcame all of that and will this challenge too. It's a lifestyle so work it how it fits for you. Congrats on your success.
    I hope things stabilize for you soon so you can enjoy yourself. *hugs*
    You look fantastic!!!! Thanks for posting!!
    I have acid reflux. Like you I have a hiatal hernia and had minor heartburn before surgery. Definitely more heartburn now.
    My sister is 5 years post op and has not had any issues. I am not far enough so I couldn't say.
    I just replied to you other ost about your teeth. That makes sens now. Cavities could be coming from the reflux.
    My reflux was at it's worth after surgery. I had some issues before but never needed to take any medication besides may be a tums once a month if I had Indian food or too much tea.
    Post-op I could not function without my PPI. I took 30 mg Lansoprazole for about six months and gradually diminished the dose to 15 mg. Right now I take it every two or three days. I'm hoping to stop at some point. I always need to have my dinner two hours before bed time and do try to stay away from some teas/spicy food because it does trigger reflux and I can feel it the days I don't take the medication.
    Two of my cousins are dentist and since I had the surgery they focused a little more on the subject regarding their own patients.
    They told me what they noticed: many of their bariatric patients (right now in France it's mainly sleeve) have issues with their teeth, especially those who have a bad reflux and/or not taking medication for it. The result could be enamel issues or cavities.
    Two others had issues because they didn't take their supplements and needed more calcium. From what I understand, sometimes if your calcium level is ok on your blood test, it doesn't actually reflect "the reality". Basically the body will just go and find the calcium where it can find it, so bones and teeth. So blood test could be ok but then apparently we should have Xray to look at our bones.
    Since I saw my cousins in October, I'm planning on doing more tests when I will be in France next month. Starting with a panoramic X-ray. In the mean time I'm taking calcium supplements.
    I thought the issue was specific to France because some doctors don't give a PPI to all their patients post-op, and many don't advise on taking vitamins post-sleeve (because many French doc have something about taking supplements..go figure..)...may be the issue is actually not specific to the after care but just the surgery itself??
    I hope not....breaking and losing teeth is one of my big fears!
    Teri, great to hear from you!

Have you tried sleeping on an incline?

I woke up choking on stomach fluid just a few days post op, and it scared the beegeezers out of me. I went to see my doctor the next day, and he told me that he recommends the incline sleeping method to all his patients with GERD and Acid Reflux, along with a special acid reducing diet.

I have been sleeping on an incline since I bought a special incline foam pad for my mattress.

Sometimes I get a little heartburn once in a while, but nothing a chewable Pepcid can't fix.
    Have you visited your Surgeon lately. I had to have a entire Barium swallow in order to see if the sleeve was not the cause -
    Nope. Not so far. I'm 2.5 yrs post op and 71 years old.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast