Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

My leggings sag in the butt area.
    Does everyone experience hair loss after surgery? I'm almost 4 weeks post up haven't really noticed any hair loss. Does the vitamins really help?
    I am in my 4th month and none so far. I am only 13lbs from goal so I am not losing huge any more but so I am hoping I am not going to start losing hair at this point!
    I heard that zinc 50mg per day stops the thinning
    Terrie
    Whew! That's good to hear, thanks!
    your not grazing me and my NUT talk about grazing yesterday she said it is where you eat little bites of things between meals and snacks thinking it is ok and you wont gain cause its just a few bites but she said over time you will put the weight back on doing that just as long as you are eating your three meals and two snacks you are not grazing if you where going by something in your fridge or cabinet and take a bite or two and its not snack or meal time then you are grazing
    sure doesn't sound like you are overdoing it. Grazing I would say is when you just nibble on things all day,,like every hour or so instead of waiting for a meal.
    My experience was exactly as yours...right side pain (my Dr. said that's where they took out the stomach) no drain, and staples. He told me that yes, they stay in forever and are titanium. They will not set off a metal detector =) I had my surgery on October 1 and asked all these questions to my Dr.
    The staples seem weird but that's how they do it. Most use a drain too, it is no big deal.
    Ya know what... that's dern good question..."staples"....hhhhmmmm.... So we'll have staples in our stomach forever ????? O dear,....I literally thought we had dissolvable stitches...I never thought to ask my doctor that kind of question !!!!! And I also NEVER had a drain tube in me....
    They are made from titanium.
    The same material they use (as is and as an alloy) for the SR71 Blackbird reconnaissance aircraft.

If it is good enough for a $100M+ aircraft that travels at altitude of almost 100,000 feet and over Mach 3, it's good enough for me!

PS. "That Was Easy". (Staple's catch phrase)
    Also I never had to have a drain.
    You know I never really thought about this..i just assumed it was stitches....Looks like im going to have to ask my doctor too....And if its staples then mine never set off medal detectors ..if so I wouldn't of known what to tell the cops lol
    I suppose it varies, but my surgeon used staples, and yes, they are forever. The staples are made of titanium. You can have an MRI scan, and you can go through the detectors at the airport without any problems.
    Thanks all, whenever this Damn blizzard blows by I'll go get some goods :-)
    Eat a few prunes , it should get you going.
    i had to add a fiber bar a day to my menu plan to help with bm's they said oatmeal which i used to love but since i have had surgery the texture of it makes me sick so i just get the walmart brand fiber bars it usually helps me have a least one bm a day i would try that cause even a fiber pill did not move me but these do
    Yes. Smooth Moves tea. You'll be fine. We've got this. 😄
    I am 11 months out, but I could drink an 8 oz water in 2 mins, easy. I regularly drink a 16 bottle of water(standard) in 5-10 mins at the gym. I have been able to take full drinks, since 2-3 weeks postop though. It does get easier!
    I had a slight increase in hair shedding from months 4-6. But, it really was not much at all. Definitely not noticeable.
    Thanks
    A little shedding is OK ...I don't want any bald spots. I look bad in a hat lol
    I am 12 weeks out tomorrow. I am just starting to notice lots of shedding. So far I don't think you can really notice it unless you look at the brush after I brush through my hair or at the hair stopper in the bottom of the shower. My sister is my hair dresser and she just mentioned my hair felt thinner last week when she cut it. I'm not overly worried right now. I have lost enough weight in my face that if I need to cut it shorter It shouldn't look too bad.
    Don't fret, I still only drink about 36-40 oz a day. Never could I drink that much liquid in one day. It's my downfall as well. But hang in there, it does get better.
    Protip: Stop focusing on the negatives.

Accentuate the positives.

Everything's going to be OK.
    My bottles of water are 16 ounces each. So four of them is 64 ounces. That should be enough for you. Well, a lot better than 20 ounces.
    I can now drink 8oz of water in the same amount of time before I had surgery. I can drink a full glass of water in one shot. But, I recall that the first few weeks was a little tough. By 3-4 weeks post-op I was drinking about 3-4 oz at a time. I would try to do that every 15 minutes or so. I had to make a conscious effort to increase the water intake slightly every few days.
    I have long thin hair and petrified of losing any more. I am nearly five weeks post op now and no hair loss so far that I have noticed. I do take all my vitamins along with silica, great or hair and nails but tastes like crap. I have ordered some extensions just in case lol. The hair you lose dose come back I'm told by my surgeon.
    I was thinking the same thing greenmomma!
    I can drink 8 oz of milk based protein drink in about 10-15 min. I drink a lot of vitamin water zero, 20 oz bottles, if I am just trying to drink, I can do one in 30-45 min. I do burp a lot to feel better, especially the am drink, but I drink it on my way to work.
    Every day is different. On a normal day, it will take anywhere from a half hour to a few hours. It will get easier, I promise. On days when I can't bring myself to drink enough liquid, I try to have a broth based soup like pho for meals. Don't be afraid to add flavor to your water. Once your body is able to force air out (belch), it gets easier to get enough. You will crave more water then too.

Some things that help me are eating homemade ice pops and lots of ice in the water bottle. take small swallows of water but 5 or so at a time.

Best wishes to you!
    At about four months post op, all of a sudden, I shed a lot of hair. It's called telogen effluvium. You can google it. It seemed to stop after a month or so. I now have a bunch of two inch hairs mixed in with the rest of it. No big deal.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast