Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

AGREED!
    Congrats!
    lol you are so right with ur first few sentences.
    congrats thats awesome
    Congrats thats awesome! I am right behind you with 8 stinking stubborn pounds!!!!!!
    My NUT had said that she would never tell me that any food was completely off the menu for me. Just be smart, and remember why I did all of this in the first place.

I enjoyed a bite size butterfinger last night, it's the first candy I've had since at least 2 weeks pre-op- I took the smallest bites possible to make it last! Every bite was a tiny bit of heaven to my taste buds!
    You too are amazing for the choice you made for yourself and your health. As for pain some can wiz right through the surgery without pain. As for me I was in awful pain that night and then I had a complication a few weeks down the road because of an infection from one of the portals. But I would do it all over again because this surgery saved my life. So you go girl and I wish you nothing but success and keep us informed
    That would be music to my ears..onederland. Im so happy for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGavu
    And honestly this isn't a diet so get the can'ts out of your head. This is a way of life. I follow the 80/20 rule. I eat healthy 80% of the time and 20% I indulge. I think when they put that stuff in your head it messes with us and we are afraid to eat. At least that was the way I was. I went to my surgeon after a 2 week stall and she was like really your body needs some sugar and some carbs. Now she wasn't saying go have a sandwich, and a bunch of candy, but you can't just eat meat either. I hate when people say no this ever. Okay really you are going to go the rest of your life and never ever have that. I may only eat cake once a year on my bday, but still its my birthday and if I want cake I am going to have some.
    Have you checked out "The world according to eggface"? She has tons of recipes for bariatric people.
    And honestly this isn't a diet so get the can'ts out of your head. This is a way of life. I follow the 80/20 rule. I eat healthy 80% of the time and 20% I indulge. I think when they put that stuff in your head it messes with us and we are afraid to eat. At least that was the way I was. I went to my surgeon after a 2 week stall and she was like really your body needs some sugar and some carbs. Now she wasn't saying go have a sandwich, and a bunch of candy, but you can't just eat meat either. I hate when people say no this ever. Okay really you are going to go the rest of your life and never ever have that. I may only eat cake once a year on my bday, but still its my birthday and if I want cake I am going to have some.
    Hey makes sense to me. I had a horrible Saturday. I ate movie popcorn, a half piece of pizza, and half of my daughters pop (not diet). I lost more on Sunday than I have in a while lol. So what I am thinking is that my sugars may be to low, as well as my calories. I upped them a bit and that has helped. Of course I am not getting it from Pop.
    My surgeon advised me that hiccups are either a sign that you are full or that you have eaten too fast. Just try slowing down and see if that helps. I still get them from time to time but not as bad when I take my time...
    I have them also when I am full. I used to drink water to get rid of them pre-surgery. But now it would be bad to drink on top of a full stomach.
    I hiccup now when I have reached my food limit. They don't last long so it is not a big deal. I will take the hiccups as long as I am still losing weight. Just think there are worst things.
    Same here, I have loud hiccups - had them bad as a teen. Now after every meal I get them. My hiccups are like a cross between a burp and a screech. LOL . So embarrassing . BUT as a side effect, I will take it. There are worse things in the world LOL.
    It sounds weird, but I have done it for years. Drink water upside down. Bend over, put top edge of glass to your mouth, swallow 3-4 gulps of water while in bent over position and stay there for a second. Slowly come up and your hiccups should be gone. Let me know if it works!!!
    I hope the hiccups back off, and your appetite improves. Be well.
    I am the same as you. I hate the hiccups , I think its my sign that I am full 4 or 5 bites and I am done .
    For cheating to have taken place there must be a winner and a loser. Ask her when you all entered into a "competition" and why in the HELL someone who loves you should view your success at taking back your health as cheating? And try not to let her ignorance piss you off. Ignorant people don't know they're ignorant and the only way for them to overcome that is to be educated.
    It is cheating for me and I'm 100% ok with that! I was on a no carb, no sugar, no dairy diet for a year and a half and every day felt like torture. I still managed to eat too much by eating too much meat. The sleeve is a smart way to approach a very difficult problem. Are you cheating if you use a dishwasher instead of washing your dishes by hand?

The sleeve is a smart hack and others will always find something to put you down about when they feel snarky towards you. The sleeve enables you to have the will power to change your habits. We all know what a good diet entails but the sleeve gives you the strength to follow the rules. So what I cheated...I think it's pretty smart to zero in on your problem and find a solution that works. Dieting is 100% easier after being sleeved, oops I cheated! In this case cheating is awesome! I call it smart others will call it cheating!
    People that say you're cheating will be the same people crying at your funeral if you died from a weight related problem. They will then comment you would have lived if only you had lost weight.

Some people just can't be happy for other people.
    Haters will come at you from all angles. So why not show her how she can have the same success and get the sugery done. If anyone was throwing shots was your father. Why would he text her as well LOL. That something my MOM would have done being funny.

But dont let your sister steal your joy YOU are awesome and a winner you made the best decision for YOU and your family.
    how ironic that someone who has had liposuction tells you you are cheating. bahahaha
    She's seeting w/ jealousy!!! Trust me I know from experience! My former bf was BIG & when I started losing weight she would constantly make nasty comments to me. So I cut her out of my life completely & I'm having the same from my sister as well! Good luck I you & congrats on your progress!!!
    I hate that. I had a supposed Friend Tell me wow I wish I could be 200lbs so I can have surgery. I looked at her and said " No worries you would proablly get approved right now!" It is hard for people to see thier Fat friends/sisters not be the Fat ones anymore. My sister has always been a lot smaller then me. She was one of my biggest supporters!!!

Best of luck. and 50LBS is AWESOME keep it up
    I dealt with something similar right before I had my surgery. And I just pretty much told her that I made a decision to better myself because I had exhausted every other option. Then I just let it rool off of me like water on a ducks back! You look great and don't let ANYONE bring you down! Congrats on hitting 50lb loss!!!!
    I honestly would not justify your situation for her. It is pure jealousy which causes those types of remarks. The best response would be "I am sorry you feel that way" JMHO.... Congrats, I just hit 50 myself and I still can't believe it!!!!
    Tell her the only "body" playing this game is yours. You have not cheated just stacked the cards on the side of a longer life and better health. Then �� at her! Keep it moving!
    That is rough. Tell her you're not cheating, you're eating normally just in smaller quantities
    i just had the sleeve on Mar 8th. How soon will this be a problem? Should i go ahead and start it now?

Quote Originally Posted by BrnEye Girl
    Big ups on your weight loss...keep up the good work and also I have the same problem trying to do #2....so I drink this tea called SMOOTH MOVE for constipation (google it).....honey...let me tell ya....this stuff is da bomb and it works....I drink it once a week.....You can thank me later...LOL
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast