Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChrisOfCourse

1. PMS Problems

Okay, my menstrual cycle has always presented a bit of a problem for me in the form of noticeable PMS. A week or so before my period I get tired, grumpy, and hungry. I always have. I still do. I used to spend the whole week eating sweet-savory-sweet-repeat treats and biting the heads off of folks who came too close. The problem now is I can't eat to make myself feel better. Instead, I'm stuck obsessing about what I want to eat and what I actually can eat.

Bah! It's so frustrating! ...
    Tags: hunger, pms Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. MyFitnessPal Forums

I started using MyFitnessPal a few weeks ago to track my intake and my exercise, and it's been really useful. There is a community feature and forums that I was curious about, so I started browsing them today. What I found has definitely made me shy away. The amount of negativity and judgmental attitudes I found there was totally shocking to me. I realize, also, that those forums aren't geared towards WLS folk, but wow... not sure I would want to mention my weight loss method of choice there. ...
  3. Am I Doing This Right?

Even with all the information I was given before surgery, and even with all the research I did before deciding to have a sleeve gastrectomy, I find myself wondering if I am doing this right each and every day. Yes, I am loosing weight. Yes, I am following the rules. Still, I worry that I am missing something, forgetting something, making mistakes. Do you feel that way, too?

Here's an example. Nobody ever said how many calories I'm supposed to be consuming at each stage of the ...
  4. Surviving Celebrations

Last night was Super Bowl Sunday, and my family got together to enjoy the game. As with most of my family gatherings, the celebration involved a lot of food, none of which I could eat while on my soft foods diet (and none of which I should be eating anyway). The menu consisted of deep-fried hot wings, lots of chips, cake, cookies, dips, and pasta. So basically fat, sugar, and starch. There was a crudité platter that I could have gravitated towards, except I’m still not allowed raw vegetables. ...
  5. Scheduling Issues

I'm still trying to work out how exactly to get all my protein and water in when I can only down a few ounces at a time. Most days it's okay. I can sip, sip, sip at the water all day long and squeeze in the meals and the shakes without too much hassle. There are days, however, when I have meetings or tutoring sessions where eating simply can't be done. For example, I have a two hour tutoring session this morning following by an hour long meeting directly afterwards. I can sip my water, but ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast