Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cathbas

1. Wanted to post Ann2s fabulous post..something to remember when times get tough

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2 View Post
    I really cannot believe how fast the time has flown since I had VSG surgery 7 months and 2 days ago.

Those of you who are newly sleeved please know that, as weird as this first month post-op is likely to be -- with all the sip-sip-sipping and the sudden strangeness of food and the surgical recovery you're navigating and the constipation and the WTF have I done?! sensations -- that the coming months are just going to fly by.

You're about to have some of the most
  2. NUT today ~ time to use weights?

I am now 2 weeks plus 1 day post sleeve surgery...yahoo...everyday i feel a bit more normal..whatever that means..
    some bouts with nausea, some acid reflux, but there are drugs for both of those..
    so i met with the pulminologist today..all is well and the Dietian..or NUTtiionist today...
    she was so gung ho ~ you need to use weights..ra ra ra!!
    i thought well i am getting walking in..and i thought that was a lot..i am not always Ra ra ra every day..
    but she then ...
  3. Lentil soup and sleeve!

Today, I decided to try some blended lentil soup..something a bit more filling than those protien shakes..which i love but get so sick of..anyhow..i had lentil soup..warmed it..blended it and lo and behold..could barely have more than 1/4 cup.well the sleeve is working..the taste was wonderful...but the sleeve said..opps no more!! and barked at me..
    a great lesson to see how it all works there...
    i am a newbie and learning more daily..and did i say..i am so bored!!
    guess this ...
  4. Lentil soup and sleeve!

Today, I decided to try some blended lentil soup..something a bit more filling than those protien shakes..which i love but get so sick of..anyhow..i had lentil soup..warmed it..blended it and lo and behold..could barely have more than 1/4 cup.well the sleeve is working..the taste was wonderful...but the sleeve said..opps no more!! and barked at me..
    a great lesson to see how it all works there...
    i am a newbie and learning more daily..and did i say..i am so bored!!
    guess this ...
  5. Almost thru my first week!

Wow, so much i have learned, so much in almost 1 short week.
    First, i never really take time off for me, so this has been good. However, Crazy amounts of emotion. Not so fond of the after surgery stuff. Feeling a bit more "normal" whatever that is..finding out the difference between gas and pain, finding out the difference between nausea and Wow i need that nexium. Finding out how to live without my old meds that were time released..wierd..know that i might be able to reinstate ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast