Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I was always told it was released via urine. Fascinating...thank you for sharing the study.
    I agree with greenmomma ..that's what I read too.
    Carry on and enjoy all your food in moderation!
    Some people can't tolerate steak for a long time. I have a friend that had surgery 3 years ago and still can't tolerate it.
    I'm just stocked that I can.
    I know the feeling. I had my first steak at about 4 weeks post op as well. Nutritionist said to try it medium with a thin steak sauce. Yummy to my Tummy!!! I wouldn't even let my hunny talk while I was eating .
    I can't wait to have a small steak!!!!!
    I was allowed to eat soft foods the first 2 weeks and then whatever I choose from there on out. I'm 4 months now and eat whatever I want but am learning what sets well and what sets to heavy. But I enjoy trying most any types of meats or seafoods. I don't waste my space on breads or things that won't give me the protein that I need. If I'm hungry between my meals I will grab a couple almonds or wasabi peas or the like. Some days are worse than others but all in all I eat anything. I also did the sucking steak in the first 2 weeks lol.
    i was advised to not eat steak cause it tends to sit heavy on your stomach and is not well tolerated by alot of people
    I'm almost 4 weeks and I also LOVE steak. The doc office gave this handbook to me with the do's and don't's and ofcoarse steak is not allowed for 6 months!! Then again I think my surgeon is super strict because he has me on a clear liquid diet for the first 3 weeks, then onto pureed for a week and then soft foods for 2 weeks before gradually eating regular. I could not do broth and jello for three weeks, and I see so many people that start pureed the day after surgery. I eat yogurt and cheese lol.
    Maybe I'll try that steak.
    Thanks Caussia. I am so excited.
    your moment of steaky joy made me laugh. chew on and enjoy. best wishes.