Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Meralgia Paresthetica and One Week Update

Happy to report myself in that I (big baby) survived one week post-op! Imagine that.... I mean, I did imagine there times I would not. Seriously.

Good news first? Ok. Since my 3 day liquid diet pre-op and one week liquid diet post-op, I have lost a whooping 20 pounds. 10 days folks. That's some serious huslin'.... errrrr, I mean sufferin'.

Next,
    Day 5, I started to feel more normal, moving a little easier, I'd say I was at 75%.

Day 6, was ...
  2. My Post-Op experience ...

Paying my post-op experience forward, as reading others is the one thing I enjoyed most. - Although now looking back, it is the one thing that I had a higher expectation of... (based on better outcomes) and fell completely short of.

My pre-op day August 31, 2015 was like everyone else explained. I arrived 2 hours early to get my Heparin shot. It indeed burned like gasoline as someone had referenced. The usual prep of IV starting (ask that this placed in your non-dominant arm... ...
  3. Thoughts and Thanks

As my day to have surgery is vastly approaching (August31), I like everyone else have been planning for this day in what seems like forever. I am thinking of this as my Un-Birthday of sorts - my second chance at life, my time to make it right, a reason to celebrate every year.

I have had plenty of time to reflect, read, educate, listen and learn. And like so many here, just wanted take time to say Thanks. I've often silently checked in when my time permits to read your progress ...
  4. My Pre-Operative costs...

Things are wrapping up for me as far a pre-operative appointments are concerned. There have been many. I had an EGD, mammogram/annual exam, parathyroid CT, sleep study, nutritionist, psych appt, numerous labs, PCP monthly appts, and surgeon appts.

From the very beginning my eyes have been on the prize at the end. I knew there were appts to be had along the way, but never did I really consider what all the appts would cost. My insurance is new to me within the last year, so I ...