Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nursesydney17

1. Protein from food

I am two and a half weeks out from my surgery date. I've lost 32 pounds and daily chores are getting easier and easier. I still get a bit exhausted from being out too long and grocery bags feel a bit heavier than before! The past couple of days I have been attempting to drink protein shakes but I get nauseous and end up throwing up after a few sips. I feel like I wasted money on my protein powder because I don't see myself using it in the future, I am able to get a decent amount of protein from ...
  2. Water, Vitamins, Protein, Water, Water, Water

I decided to write about my experience thus far with the dehydration, minimal proetin intake, and forcing my vitamins down. Even though I am only 2 weeks post op I feel like I am creating my own routine for food/vitamins/protein.
    I will admit the first week I did NOT focus on protein, at all, whatsoever. Im sure if my surgeon were reading this I would get a stern lecture. But I am writing this honestly. I will say that I attempted one sip of protein shake and after throwing it up I signed ...
  3. A visit to the emergency room

The gas(I thought it was gas) turned out to be a collapsed lung. I went in to the emergency room around 645pm on a Friday night and around 4 am was admitted to the med surg floor. I had to chug contrast which I swore to the CT tech that I was going to burst my stomach and she smiled and said it is what your surgeon ordered, she was incredibly patient with me with my throwing up and having to start drinking the contrast again.
    I stayed in the hospital until Sunday afternoon which I was grateful ...