Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Ending my relationship with Taco Bell (a tale of mourning)

No matter how much wonderful Mexican food I get introduced to, Ive always loved Taco Bell.

Today my love died.

I tried to rectify my relationship after abandoning it for so long. I scanned the menu, and realized there was just about nothing I could really eat...except for a salad.

I sit down with it and a cup of water, which I can't really drink with it anyway...and try. Try and recapture the magic.

It didn't work....and I knew right ...
  2. Exit sign over there.....>

Tomorrow I have been "sleeved" for one month.

It's such a relief that this surgery is in my past now and Im not pining toward it for the future. No, it didn't take me long to actually get it done once I set things in motion (thank you Blue Cross) but I had contemplated it for over two years. And yes, Im quite grateful that once I had the courage to pick up the phone and get a date and time for a seminar, the process went very quickly. I think I did my time as a fat person, ...
  3. Training Wheels

Today running through my side of the closet. There hanging my shirts, some of them halfway on because standard hangers don't hold plus size clothes well. Tucked in the back of the closet was "one of those shirts". You know the ones, where you spend a great deal of time and effort pulling it down below your waist because you just don't want to accept this shirt isn't long enough anymore after being washed a couple of times.

I pull on this shirt, and it fits. I remember there ...
  4. Fat Girl Longing

I long to sit in an airplane, buckle the belt, and pull the strap

I long to no longer see an X, XX, or and XXX after the 'large' on a clothing size

I long to go up the stairs and not feel like I climbed Mt Everest

I long to slide into a booth, and not have my muffin top accompany my coffee cup on the table

I long to look in the mirror and see my belly button

I long to throw one leg over the other when sitting down and cross ...