Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

didishae

1. 7 1/2 month check in: good and bad numbers

I usually just check in once a month and give an update on progress but I thought I would go ahead and share my numbers from my most recent doctor's appointment.

About a week ago I had my "6 month" checkup with my surgeon's office. Yes, we were all behind. Scheduling conflicts and being busy on both my end and theirs meant I was almost a month and a half late but oh well, no harm done. I was very happy with most of my numbers. In fact, they seemed very impressed by my progress. ...
  2. 7 month check in

Well, tomorrow marks 7 months since I had the gastric sleeve and just as I've said in my all other updates, I'm doing great!

Officially down 85 lbs now. That's 5 lbs in the last month, which I'm totally happy with. Yes, my weight loss has slowed down a lot but gosh, how can I complain about losing another 5 lbs?! I'm now at 157, which means I am getting really close to goal. I set 140 as my goal because that means I will officially be in the normal weight range for my height (according ...
  3. 6 Month Update with progress pics

So I posted a few days ago that I was going to do a few days of liquids to try to reach my goal of losing 80 lbs by my 6 month "surgerversary". I had kind of stalled around 77 lbs lost for a while. Anyway, the 3 days of liquids did the trick! Yesterday I had officially reached the 80 lbs mark. Very happy with that. My final goal is to lose around a hundred pounds so to be very close to that now is unbelievable. Of course, that number was an estimate. I have no real clue where I'll end ...
  4. Almost 6 months and determined to reach my goal

Everyone tells you to enjoy the "honeymoon phase", the 3 or 4 months after surgery because that is when you will lose most of your weight. Well, I can testify that, at least from me, they were absolutely correct.

I am currently sitting at 165 lbs, a total of 77 lbs lost for me. I can't be disappointed in that because it feels WONDERFUL to be at this weight. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I finally went shopping for some nice clothes and I can't begin to ...
  5. 5 Month Update: Breaking through a stall

Today marks 5 months for me since surgery. In that time I have lost 71 lbs. Amazing!!! Of course, most of it was lost in the first few months and I have definitely slowed down on weight loss but I think so far I'm okay with that.. as long as the weight loss doesn't stop completely until I reach goal.

First of all, let me focus on the positive: I feel FANTASTIC. Honestly, I had forgotten what it was like to NOT be carrying around so much extra weight. Before the surgery, my body hurt ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast