Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ReadySet

1. It’s been a while::::::

Greetings! It has been a very long time since I have been on this site. My surgery was December 2014 and although I never lost as much weight as most of the people here; my journey thus far (it is never over) has been a success. I started at a weight of 272 and got as low as 190 (for 3 days). I have since gained 30 lbs and am at 220, still striving everyday to get below 200, but its hard. My overall size hasn’t changed much, just a little fluffier!
    Here’s the thing, life is REAL and the fact ...
  2. A year and a half

So I'm officially 18 months into this thing and still very happy I made the decision to sleeve. I didn't get the results I had ultimately hoped for but my life and health remain so much better. For review I started at 270 and got as low at 193 (I was 190 for a few weeks but it didn't last so I don't count it). I am the same weight today that I was at 6 months (203) so a bit disappointing that I can't maintain under 200 but it is what it is. It still blows my mind that I need to buy a large for my ...
  3. One year ago....

One year ago today i was so grateful that they let me suck on ice chips. It had been a long night after my surgery and my mouth was so dry. I never thought ice chips could taste so good. A year later i am down "officially" at my doctors 76 lbs. I say 80 lbs on my home scale. I have not weighed 190 lbs since 1987 and even when I weighed that much back then I was not wearing the size cloths I am today. Prior to surgery my jeans were 44/46", shirt 2x or 3x depending on style. ...
  4. Plugging along...

Thought I would share some reflections I've been thinking in the past week as I passed 11 months since my surgery. A year ago this week I was finishing my final tests for surgery in December. Very apprehensive and skeptical. Hoping my decision wasn't going to be a huge mistake. I was nervous that I would be the person who didn't lose weight and that I would be unable to adapt to a new lifestyle. So at 11months out I'm down 77 lbs. I've been a very slow loser the past 5 months and have not reached ...
  5. Today was an amazing day...

At almost 10 months out from surgery I did something today I never dreamed I would do. I went zip lining and it was amazing. Terrifying, but amazing. I spent the day at at aerial park where you maneuver through courses high in the trees. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and challenged every rational bone in my body, but I did it. It challenged me beyond my limits (some of the challenges were crazy!!) but I proved to myself I am a changed person even though I still see that fat girl ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast