Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thank you all for the information.
    Thank you all for your advice, i will just wing it and if i feel the urge to try it I will, I can only learn from my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    I eat bread but I didn't for quite awhile just due to the carbs involved. It was probably a good 6 months before I tried it. I still remember going to Arbys once and thinking ok a ham and cheese sandwich sounds good so I got one. UGH Never again ... mark that off my list. There is something about whatever they put into their bread - the seeds or something that it came right back up. 3.5 years later and I haven't ever been back. A friend of mine who had hers done a year ago met me for a business lunch at probably her 6 month mark and she had an english muffin with no problem. I eat english muffins in very limited quantities and I rarely keep bread in the house - too tempting to grab some and make toast.
    I eat bread but I didn't for quite awhile just due to the carbs involved. It was probably a good 6 months before I tried it. I still remember going to Arbys once and thinking ok a ham and cheese sandwich sounds good so I got one. UGH Never again ... mark that off my list. There is something about whatever they put into their bread - the seeds or something that it came right back up. 3.5 years later and I haven't ever been back. A friend of mine who had hers done a year ago met me for a business lunch at probably her 6 month mark and she had an english muffin with no problem. I eat english muffins in very limited quantities and I rarely keep bread in the house - too tempting to grab some and make toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    i didnt think after surgery that we were allowed to have bread. Heck every post is different. one says yes one says no, confuses the heck out of me and i havent even had surgery yet
    I felt the "plop" right after surgery...could feel the water or broth hitting my tummy.

But haven't really felt it since.

As for carbs....my old, slow body just won't take them anymore. Simple carbs, that is....bread, white rice, pasta, white taters are in the "do not eat ever" category! Complex carbs are ok, though.
    My surgical team did tell me several times to eat more carbs than I do. I know my body doesn't agree. If I eat more cabs, I'm not able to eat enough proteins, plus the more carbs, the hungrier! So I just try to have very low carb days, and little carb days, seems my body agrees with that. What I don't like is realizing that when I eat carbs, I could actually eat way more than I should, which is why I'm always very careful and never eat "only carbs", usually have a little only after protein and veggies...so I never overeat...
    Agree every dr seems to have different protocol, one lady overseas said was eating custard day 2
    Oh boy...something else to look forward to!

Kari...follow ur centers healing food phases...then u need to figure out and choose ur post op life nutrition u can sustain. An occasional hot dog bun is fine. Complex carb bread is part of a lot of sleevers luvea. As long as u have capacity and get ur protein, fruit and veg...u can add more complex carbs. Just be mindful if any carbs are triggers for u to graze or over eat.
    Kari, after awhile, you can eat anything you darn well please. Problem being SHOULD you eat it? If you are watching your carbs, no way. If you are taking a break or in maintenance, by all means. You just have to keep track of it and, what??? Never, ever, ever, ever, ever overeat! Cheers to the Tinman!! haha
    i didnt think after surgery that we were allowed to have bread. Heck every post is different. one says yes one says no, confuses the heck out of me and i havent even had surgery yet
    Stall is a total nightmare. I keep reminding myself it's going to end soon. I just keep on trying on old clothes to see how they are fitting. I was hoping to lose inches in the meantime but that hasn't happened yet so I'm upping exercise and volunteered to be a company GCC captain to help with motivation. Stay strong!!! We've all made it this far and had to deal with a lot harder things than a plateau.
    i have been at the same weight for 2 months...how is that for a stall??? what now?
    Do you know the stall time frames. I know one is at 3 weeks. I hit mines.
    Glad the stall passed! Even though we know it's coming and we know it's happened to like 95% percent of us, it still sucks
    mamisnator, you'll do great too. I was 61 when I had my surgery and it was better than I ever anticipated it would be from day one. I felt that even pre-op was easy and I lost 25 lbs the month before surgery just practicing like I had already had the surgery
    Continued success, and you certainly have the best attitude for success!! You're going to love this journey because it all gets better from here.
    many thanks for all compliments from you all above. Keep positive thoughts in mind instead of thinking that someone else had a negative issue, that you will too because that is not true, do not let your mind continue with any negative thoughts and day by day it will pass without incident,
    bless you all, will keep in touch, I go on soft foods friday after 1st dr appt post op, whoo hoo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie3
    I feel the same way! I am 12 weeks post-op and have not been sick at all! Do what the Dr orders and you will be just fine

I am 5 days out, got home last night from Tijuana. I feel so good, I almost feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. So true about reading about all the negatives, what a pleasant surprise to walk right after, & take a shower in the morning. But, there was a women who had lapband revision right before me, & she was doing terrible, went back to the OR 2 days later. That could have been me. On the lighter side, pun intended, last night as we were unpacking, hubby held out this "object" & said here is your jewelry...It was my lapband, in 2 pieces. He said he had told me he had it but I must have had anesthesia brain.
    I feel the same way! I am 12 weeks post-op and have not been sick at all! Do what the Dr orders and you will be just fine
    That is awesome! I am glad this was an easy surgery for yoU. Wish you much success.
    Hello Karen - I enjoyed you post and positive attitude. I am 65 and having my surgery May 4th.
    It is good to get a prospective from one close to my age who has had many surgeries, including knee replacement on both sides.
    I am anxious to be lighter to protect my knees and not wear the new ones out!
    I am going to keep apositive attitude also and look at this as a great opportunity to get healthy and fit.
    Thanks, I hope you post some more on your progress,
    the mams
    Yay! Awesome news.
    great post!! congrats!!
    Congratulations! I wish you much success. I'm a day shy of one month post-op and I can say that each day has been better than the last.
    That's great!! I hope you continue you feel better and better :-)
    Way to go Karen!!!
    yeah...good you are doing well....I will be sleeved Monday....
    Thanks for the post-I will be sleeved next Wed.
    thanks for all the encouragement . . . . .still on clears with protein mix in some of it but not all...mostly broth and jello and water . . . but now liquid stools . . . just about like the flu so I am resting more thinking positive (see link below)

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...72&oe=55BBB1D9

we are moving on ward and upward till 4/2......thanks for the help
    Also scheduled for 4/2. Protein shakes definitely help with the hunger. Frustrated with how much I think of food. TV commercials and Pinterest are not my friends right now. Good luck everyone.
    Best of luck !!! You can do this !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast