Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

So sorry for the pain and lost you are feeling. Praying for you and your family!
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest prayers for you and your family.
    My heart aches for you--I am so sorry for your losses.
    This loss is too great for mere words.... Prayers are being said for your dear family! So so sorry..
    so so very sorry...
    Oh Katrina! I cannot begin to imagine the pain. I am so very sorry for your loss. I will pray for your family
    Sorry for your loss
    THE PAIN OF LOSING A CHILD CANNOT TRULY BE EXPRESSED IN WORDS. I HAVE BEEN THERE AND YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. MANY HUGS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    Tears are rolling down my eyes ,so heart broken for you . I will pray for you.
    Thank you.
    It's called Monitor your weight, and as much as I hate it when it lets me see the truth about myself, it is a very useful app. It's in the android play store. It is free, but if you pay .99 you can register It and never lose your info. It graphs everything, and it has been quite fun to be able to look back and see where all my progress was.
    Yep, this app has hurt my feelings plenty. I remember in the beginning when I couldn't wait for it to go from obese to just overweight. Then when it finally went from overweight to normal... I seriously yelled at the thing - "Suck it! Take that, you evil piece of shit!" Maybe not those exact words, but very close.

I remember about 2 years ago, well before I ever heard of VSG, I felt comfortable, happy, and very normal at 148lbs. This app still told me I was overweight. That was pretty devastating to me. Fast forward to February of last year when I started having seizures, had to be put on medications, and my weight ballooned from 148 to 213 by October. That sent me into a tailspin, and I had VSG immediately.

I can't even imagine what my poor body must be thinking - not even two years ago being a healthy (in my opinion) 148 to obese within 8 months to weighloss surgery the next month, and now underweight. Talk about a rollercoaster. No wonder I am always so nauseated. ;-)
    Hey whats the name of that app? Congrats on your hard work by the way.
    Wow....really?
    What's next? Congrats your anorexic? (Not that you are, but it seems like this app would encourage it.)
    My step daughter would most likely be called fat by this app and it would crush her.
    I agree. I also am struggling with loosing too much. And yes, I understand that people who are still at the beginning of their journey are all like "wish I had that problem" 12 months ago I would said the same.
    I am working hard to not loose anymore weight. We live in an obese world. Everywhere you go you will most likely see overweight people. We were those people and that's what everyone around us is used to seeing.
    Now they're seeing us skinny and it's weird.
    The difference between you and I is I want to gain, I hope for it everytime I get on the scale.
    Don't be afraid of a few pounds. You were strong enough to loose all that weight and strong enough for surgery.....I think your strong enough to know when to stop the gaining. Are you eating normal or are you afraid to eat? I hope everything works out for you. Enjoy Xmas, eat good and try not to stress about it.
    I need to correct myself. I was wrong about my GP. He was in fact concerned about my weight coupled with enlarged lymph nodes. He suspected lymphoma and sent me to an oncologist where a battery of tests were performed. I do not have lymphoma, AIDS, or anything else they tested me for. It was the oncologist that was another doctor that wasn't too concerned about my weight. He said you're skinny. You had weight loss surgery. What did you expect? Go eat some McDonald's french fries with extra salt. (trying to get my blood pressure up). So yeah, basically, the doctors' overall opinion is meh, you're skinny, so what. When you've heard it from so many doctors, you have to believe that they must be right and that you're just not used to being so thin.
    Hmmm, my Neuro psychologist didn't try to prescribe drugs. She didn't do anything. Nothing. It pissed me off to see her bill, and at this point I've only just looked at it. I can't justify shelling out that money to someone who did nothing but sit there. I wish I could find someone to talk to that would offer feedback, and that I knew in advance wasn't a waste of my time and money. I'm not against seeing a professional at all.

I absolutely am not lying about my surgeon not being concerned about my weight, and not only is he not worried about it, neither is my surgeon here at home (the one that has seen me during all the past year when I was sick), nor is my GP. My husband has thrown hissy fits with all of them and is extremely pissed off that they think my weight is perfectly fine. One said being a little overweight didn't hurt you and neither will being a little underweight. He thinks none of them will be satisfied that I've lost enough weight until I'm dead from starvation. It's a running joke in our house about what fatty haters my doctors all are.

I was scared at first of losing too much, but when all of the doctors didn't give a rat's ass I guess a switch flipped, and I didn't care anymore either. It looks like I've even become sick in the head about it.

I don't know though. I didn't stop eating. I've actually begun cooking over the last week, and that's something I never did. We always ALWAYS have eaten fast food and sit down restaurants. I also cut out my nighttime ritual of chips and candy. I replaced my night junk snacking with a protein shake so that I still at least got in 200 more calories before bed. I haven't even been cooking healthy foods... Mashed potatoes loaded with butter, mayo, sour cream, and milk, hamburger steak, spaghetti, Boston butt, beef stroganoff, etc. So, I lost weight, but don't really know why so much.
    Katrina, I agree with Ann and newmetoday, you have to seek some type of help. I also think you have an eating disorder and I've seen what negative things can happen if you continue down this particular "slippery slope." I totally understand the fear of regain, I deal with that too, but it's obvious by your profile pic and what you're saying, you need to do something about the whole situation. I know I have no right to tell you what to do and I don't want to be harsh, but you can die and regain would have been a better option with that outcome. Please see someone, support group, primary, in-patient eating clinic, etc., but please get help. Good luck!

PS: your bariatric surgeon is an idiot, or you're not telling the truth. I work with bariatric surgeons, and they would be concerned; believe me!
    Most neuropsychologists sorta suck. They're generally not good counselors. They'd rather be prescribing drugs. (I say that, based on my experiences with neuropsychologists when I was caring for my mom who had Alzheimers.)

My psychologist is a champ. I wish you could have access to him. He works with so many bariatric patients -- and he has seen it ALL.

And I also I think your surgeon needs to stick to operating on people. He's not experienced with eating disorders. And (ahem) ... I think you probably have one.
    Oh, and I spoke with my bariatric surgeon, and he is not concerned at all about my weight, not in the least bit. He said that the time will come that my stomach will stretch, and I'll miss these days. He is 100% convinced that I will gain back some weight.
    I used to see one. She was a Neuro psychologist. In the six visits I had with her, she literally opened her mouth to offer any type of advice/help/information about anything zero times. And I have a lovely $800 bill from her sitting here...and that is with insurance coverage! That's a bit steep of a price to pay to shop around trying to find the right doctor who can help all this crazy.

Not to mention, I know what the problem is. I would venture to say I even know how to fix it. I'm just too damn scared to fix it. It's one heck of a slippery slope when it comes to putting weight back on. Can anyone of us ever really say that they've wanted to gain weight? That is scary! Especially knowing where we've come from.
    NOT rolling my eyes!! You have a real fear! Face it and do what you have to do. My worst fear was the Sleeve wouldn't work. Everyone has fears, but I agree with the counselor suggestion. Your weight could become very dangerous and even cause organ damage and failure very quickly at the weight you are at. (I'm a nurse) Please seek professional help on how to deal with your fear.
    VERY GOOD SUGGESTION FROM JERZEYGIRL.
    I suggest you see a counselor, and quickly. Good luck!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567