Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

You are trying to find excuses to buy new lingerie here!!

I'm sorry you had to lose you undies going to the courthouse, but I would say the symbolic image of those lawyers sucking out the blood from their clients, or stealing all their clients belongings including their undies....is floating....

Look, it does happen, at least it was not the underwear the size of a flag!! When I was pregnant and big like a house, once I did trip on the side walk, and did show my gigantic undies to half the city staring (and nobody helped me to get up while I was completely off balance and unable to get up by myself!!! I had to wait for my husband who was parking the car!!)....funny thing is....I just realized it was near the tribunal too....

It was just a bad day, and now is the right time to forget about it and to get brand new smaller undies!!
    What a wonderful experience for you, and a validation of your good choices. I think Sandra3 is correct about the risks with lots of surgery - of course I'm an old lady, so my risk perspective is different, lol.
    Lovely photos!

It's great to be able to meet fellow sleevers!

But don't be jealous, having so many procedures at the same time is a really taking a high risk. It could have been a real disaster if she had any issue post op. And complications can come with any surgery, everywhere! May be your friend saved a few bucks, but your surgery was really safer.
    you look beautiful and it must be nice to know others in person who have had the sleeve. I want to have it all done, boobs, tummy, bum etc but I am far too scared to have it all done. So I might just have my boobs lifted, although my hubby isn't keen for me to go under the knife again. Once again you look fab.
    Thinking of you. I like to come on here and just let it all out too. It helps me process.
    Hopefully you get some self care time. You deserve it.
    Hi Katrina, I hope you are feeling better after your therapy session. We are all here for you. After all you have been through, you still manage to inspire others. xx
    There are a lot of balls you have to keep in the air...
    I hope and pray you will see light at the end of this tunnel.
    Hugs and kisses to you.
    Hope you feel better after writing all this down.
    If so, keep doing that, we are here for you.
    It helps to blurt it all out Katrina. You've got a lot on your plate with everything you have to do. is there anyway of getting some respite for Meg so you could do a couple less days? It's hard when you're Mum though and want to do it and Meg might not like anyone new. Its a tricky one. Something that I know you will know but we sometimes need reminding of is that we need to take care of ourselves to take care of others. but yea, its hard.
    In terms of another rescue dog I'm with you on that which is why I never go to the dogs home because I would come back with half a dozen very elderly chihuahuas!
    I hope it helped by writing it all out.
    Sometimes life can get REALLY complicated, and it does feel like a storm was on you for days! hang in there!! you are a fighter and you will win that too!

Therapy is a really good idea! especially at the end of the year...it's overwhelming just organizing all those gatherings..so combined with real issues, it's just too much!

I also felt really sick after an exam a few days ago (MRI) those exam help us get an accurate diagnostic but I'm pretty sure the "waves" have side effects...

Take care!
    Golly that's a lot going on in your life. It's weird how sometimes everything seems to happen at once.
    Hope the "Therapy" session here helped a little.
    It always makes me feel better to write stuff down, so hope your therapy helped! My husband's line to me or our grown kiddos when bad stuff occurs is "sh_t happens."
    Seems like you have a great doctor, he might have a few memory issues (so many patients!) but at least remember about your daughter!

The checkup is positive, and you know why you are hurting!

I drink chamomile tea to help with the cysts 's pain, also eat almond because magnesium help with cramps. But when it's too bad only a real pain killer will help..that and a heating pad..

Take care!
    What a brave lady! You are definitely a warrior. God bless you and your family with strength to go through all you have been through.
    Well done!
    You both look beautiful.
    That is so wonderful Katrina!
    I am really happy for her and for you.
    Hopefully this will be an incentive for her to go out more.
    Hugs for you!
    She deserved some happy time. Hopefully more to come.
    It's great you were able to get Meg out to help forget about the struggles for a while. Hopefully, she gradually wants to get out more and more. God bless you both!
    She's a beauty! And some depression is "brain rain" that is not able to be controlled, as I'm sure you know. Prayers and strongest energies for her healing to continue. She's blessed to have you!
    Meg is your double Katrina!!! I'm glad she got out and had a nice time :-)
    Great photos of a happy time. Hoping that there are more in the future x
    She is beautiful! Hoping for many more good days ahead.
    I ate some potato skins yesterday - they were awesome 3 and I was stuffed but oh they were good. Baked so not too bad
    Love it! If it's working for you, that's wonderful. I hate the thought of giving of food faves. Congrats on your continued weight loss!
    Having NEVER been thin, at almost 40 years old, I hope I can get to the place you are. Surgery is 8/29/18 and I'm so looking forward to the weight loss but am anxious about never being able to eat my favorites again (i.e. funnel cake, candy apple, pizza etc.) It literally feels like I'm slowly losing a terminal friend. That's how serious my food is to me! It's also a little concerning to know that I could overeat to the capacity you mentioned ever again. So I'm hoping the "NOTHING tastes as good as being thin" adage is true.
    Personally, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels is my mantra right now. That doesn't mean I don't eat yummy things. I just tell myself that eating a lot of it isn't worth the risk of gaining more weight. Keep in mind I lost 118lbs and regained 60 so to me, it's really not worth gaining more when I'm trying to lose the regain. The point is that you can have it, but in moderation. Stuff tastes awesome, but nothing tastes as good as the way I felt when I was a size 4. I felt amazing. Now I feel like the fat girl in the room again. I want the vibrant, healthy feeling I had back. Now, people saying it who have never been thin before don't really know the feeling of getting there only to gain weight again. I say it more as an "I learned my lesson" type of thing. You can't really say nothing tastes as good as being thin feels if you've never been thin. Moderation. Drinking a bottle of wine does NOT taste so good to be worth how I'll feel about over doing it afterward, and isn't worth the setback I'll face that will interfere with me losing the 60lbs I gained BECAUSE of the things that tasted so good.
    I track it, even if its not my best choice -- that is to say, the pizza goes on the tracker; I had a Starbucks cranberry scone on vacation; and I came home weighing 119, which is less than when I went.

I think our occasional wanderings are good for the soul; I think habitually it would lead me down that path to bad health again. Moderation (even i moderation)!
    I'm sure the 5 pound gain is mainly because of the salt...I do see big fluctuation in my weight when I eat out! it usually goes back to normal after 3 or 4 days.
    Looks like a great time!
    You are so hilarious!

Enjoy your pizza, I read a long time ago if you eat a piece of pizza with a lot of guilt, it will cause you so much more damage than if you mindfully enjoy and savor the same piece of pizza. The study said that negative guilty feelings about the foods we consume cause cortisol levels to sky rocket! The cortisol levels on the folks enjoying the food were minimal (I will try to search for study).
    Hi, Katrina! Looking amazing as always!!!

Yaaas! I was getting worried that my tool was somehow stretched to normal, but when I eat protein first, I can barely finish 3 oz of baked chicken breast; I can eat an ounce or two more of fish, or ground turkey or chicken.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast