Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cocopebbles

1. Merry Christmas Nikki (My Sleeve's Name)

Today I wanted to wish a very Merry Christmas to Nikki. Nikki is my sleeve's name. She has made all the difference in my life. Last year during the holiday season I gained my usual 20 pounds. On Christmas morning I felt fat and sad trying to pick out a cute outfit that was comfortable. This year I'm nearly 40 pounds lighter and am excited about all that life has to offer. I'm two months post op and although I've had a few moments of mourning food, I feel so good. I feel alive. A friend who ...
  2. Excited About Shopping...Who Would Have Thought!

I'm attending another holiday party and for the first time in years I'm super excited about shopping for new clothes. I recently had a girl from work pull me to the side and gently tell me, "Girl it's time to get rid of all those big clothes. You look like a kid wearing her mother's clothes." I laughed and cried from joy. I bought a few pair of jeans and a pair of business slacks that day. I also boxed up everything that was "swallowing me up" and am preparing to donate ...
  3. Survived My First Holiday Party

Today was the first of 3 holiday parties I have to attend for work. I've been stressing for a few weeks about how I would handle it. No one at work knows I've had surgery and some of them haven't seen me since early summer. My 30 pound weight loss was the talk of the town. The comment that was repeated over and over was, "you've lost a ton of weight". Now is it me or is a ton a hundred pounds. I've only lost 30 so far so it's not a ton. I had someone say, "your face was so ...
  4. Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later

I began my journey on August 26th with my first appointment with my surgeon. I weighted in at 192. I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

I was sleeved on October 27th and weighed in a 172 pounds. I was scared to death and praying for God to just give me strength to get through the surgery. Prior to the surgery I said faith confessions about 5 times a day to get my mind right. My surgery went well and all my prayers were answered. I had little pain, the staff treated ...