Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

s82t84t59

1. Day 3 and all is great

Well, today is day 3 and I am doing a lot better than I thought I would be. Incisions are alittle sore but that's about it. I'm up and walking around the block. I guess my biggest problem is of course, getting all the fluids and protein in. It's a bitch, is the only way to discribed it. You just can't fit it all in. I am not at all hungry but I do have the brain hunger which I can deal with. TMI time, stools are very loose and gas is ever present. My starting weight was 283lbs and today I weighed ...
  2. Officially.sleeved and feeling great

Well today I had my surgery and it has gone enter than I ever imagined so far. No vomiting, very little pain and a lot of super dry mouth. I will get a leak check in the morning and then go home. Pretty stoked about the future. I have to throw this out there, Dr Julie Kilgore is a great surgeon and pretty cool lady too. So , if you are in the North Texas area and looking for a great Doctor she is the ticket. She is with Kennedy Bariatrics. I'll hit you all back later with updates.
  3. Tobacco use before getting sleeved.

I just wanted to share my experience pre op. I have dipped Skoal for 30 yrs, 2 cans a day for 30 yrs. I know, that is a lot. Well, during my pre op testing they did a nicotine level and mine was 700, basically off the chart. My surgeon postponed my surgery until I quit chewing completely. Even though I was never told to quit previously, I have now quit cold turkey, something I have been trying to do basically since I started. Even if the weight loss surgery doesn't work it will have been worth it ...
  4. Texas Medicare Sleevers

I wanted to pass along what I have learned about getting sleeve surgery in Texas thru Medicare. First of all they do cover it if; 1; you have a BMI of greater than 35, 2;have at least one co-morbidity disease, 3; have failed a Doctor supervised weigh loss program in the last year. Now, here is some variables. They will pay for the Nutrition visits if you have Diabetes or coronary disease and they in most case pay for then Psych visit. Of course they only pay 80%, so unless you have a suppliment ...
  5. Dr Julie Kilgore

I am looking for anyone who had Dr Julie Kilgore in Dallas area. I also would like to talk with anyone who used Medicare in Texas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast