Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Received my surgery date!

HI everyone!

Today I got the call that they have scheduled my surgery tentatively for February 18th. I am going for my endoscopy next Friday and barring any problems with that, I should be fine. I also have to have clearance from the nutritional person and the psychiatrist.

So I am on my way. I am excited --- and a bit scared. I am wondering if I am doing the right thing, but on the whole, I am ready. Ok, maybe almost ready.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PenquinInspirationImage.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	21890 ...
  2. Insurance Diet is so hard.

I am just finishing up the end of the first of five months of insurance mandated supervised dieting. I know I am going to get bitched at. I have eaten a lot of crap and not lost a pound so far.

I weigh in on Wednesday and I am afraid that I might have gained. So far, the only thing I have done well is doing the food and exercise logging.
  3. Forcing myself to visit family

My daughter is in the army and they are moving a long ways away. I got the chance to visit them this weekend when they were just two hours away. It would have been the last time I would get to see my grandson for a long time.

I jumped.

I made hotel arrangements for myself, my husband and our three kids and we went up. We went to the zoo, a park and the beach for the day and then back to the hotel.

The whole time I was thinking: OMG, I am so fat. How can ...
  4. Worries

There is this spidery thought in the back of my mind: will the sleeve surgery kill me?

I guess that's what it comes down to, thoughts of death.

Will it make my diverticulitis so bad that I perforate?
    If I get cancer (like my mom and dad) will it make me worse off?
    Will I be unable to take antibiotics by pill?
    Will I wake up from the surgery?

I guess I have to change my mindset because really:

I woke up from having ...
  5. Don't EAT that in front of me.

I have six children, three are grown and three are little. Two marriages. My three at home are 10. 14 and 15. They seem to eat constantly. When I was directed by my colorectal surgeon to have the sleeve procedure, I was devastated, but have come back strong and have been reading a lot and mentally preparing for a mind-shift.

My family, however, is kicking and screaming. I don't want to have to be tortured by candy wrappers left laying on the table and chip bags at the computer. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast