Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ihavestandards

1. 22 days into my new life. LIFE PLAN & GOALS

So today makes day 22! I am starting to get back into the swing of normal life and I think it's time to start the planning and goal setting. For the first 2 weeks of my post-op, I just focused on recovery. I am still struggling with drinking enough and getting my protein in so I am not adhering to any specific diet. I am just eating whatever I can stomach that provides me with nutrition and calories. Starting on week 4, I plan on focusing on an actual plan of action to lose this weight. As of right ...
  2. *UPDATE* 2 weeks Post OP!

Hey everyone. Today marks 2 weeks since I had surgery in Mexico with Dr. Almanza I went back to work 6 days after my surgery and my energy is finally getting back to normal. My incisions are healing but I am still extra careful with the drain incision as I know that if the scab falls off, it will probably open up a little. This week I have done a little more walking than usual and today was the first day I did some training activities with the pooches ( I do AKC Performance Events). Changes: I ...
  3. Day 10

Today is day 10 and I am getting better each day. I had my stitches removed and my drain hole is no longer leaking. It is scabbed over so I am not wetting it the shower but washing it separately to ensure it does not get soaked. I have steri-stips on all of my incisions and I feel like I can finally move without restriction of those bothersome stitches. My abdomen is still swollen but it has gone down. I am slowly getting back to myself. I am able to drink a lot more than I could a few days ago. ...
  4. Day 7.

So today I started full liquids. I was able to get down about 6 oz of Naked Juice Protien and about 8 oz of cream of tomato soup. Water intake was probably around 14 oz. Not great but I'm working on it. I have been back to work for 2 days now and the weight is coming off. My abdomen is still very large. I still cannot fit into my FAT jeans (the pants I could wear pre-surgery) and I have lost 17 lbs. Doesn't make much sense. My incisions appeared to be healing.. or so I thought. Tonight, in the shower, ...
  5. First week on the other side of the sleeve...

I had gastric sleeve with Dr. Almanza on 8/13/14. My surgery was textbook. I had no complications during surgery and no pain. To avoid the terrible gas pains, I began walking within 10 minutes of being wheeled into my room from recovery. I burped, passed gas and never had the dreaded gas pains. The nursing staff is not as capable as the US nurses I have had in the past. They messed up 2 of my IV's. One hand was swollen for almost 2 days and I ended up receiving my antibiotics in the butt. THAT hurt! ...