Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Journey Tobeme

1. 250 card

Remember I said I was making cards for each pound I lose? Here is the card I picked to represent the scale saying 250.

Now before anyone says anything about my card project focusing solely on weight loss....yes it does. Yes I know I scream daily that this path (**see side note**) I am on is not about weight loss. But it is the easiest measurement and quite honestly I am not very creative so it was what I had. Deal with it. I am still not focused on the weight. It is what's on the cards ...
  2. He won't recognize me...Please cut out my heart now...

Yesterday I got a heir (oops hair) cut. It was a drastic cut taking my hair from near my waistband of my jeans to above my shoulders. I could rattle off 50 reasons but the biggest is I wanted a change I could control so I lost control and chose a cut so radically different. But the haircut really isn't the big thing in this story.

I picked up my grandson afterwards. He is almost 9. He lives with me most of the time. His father (my son) is a underwater welder. As wonderful as our state, ...
  3. Insurance packet

My Surgeon's office will be submitting my paperwork to my insurance company today. I am so excited. Yesterday I went for my weigh in. My Surgeon had set my goal at 254 and I weighed in at 250. I also had my pulmonology clearance appointment. He gave me my clearance. Said my sleep apnea was non treatable since it was so mild. I was not expecting it. So I called my patient advocate and she said the packet has been ready just needed those 2 final things to send it off.

I will call my ...
  4. Loss Cards

I was looking for a way to mark each pound I need to lose. Some people do marbles or beads. Moving from one jar to another. Some people use stickers.

I wanted to write out thoughts and wishes. I wanted a reminder to look at as the days go by. I wanted something to look at while I am losing the weight and after. I want the reminder of everything I was thinking and everything I hoped for.

So I made Loss cards. One card for each pound I want to lose. They aren't my best ...
  5. It's my road to walk

"It is your road and yours alone. Others may walk with you but no one can walk it for you"

I am still meeting criteria. I lack my clearance from my sleep study (return Sept 16), my iron is still extremely low (coming up slowly) and I need to lose 7 pounds. I am kind of holding on the weight loss because if I lose more than 9 pound I will fall into another category and need a 6 month supervised diet which will delay surgery 3 more months. It is a balancing act for ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast