Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NewMeBy50

1. Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs

I don't know if you have had the "joy" of realizing you have "buttballs," but (pardon the pun) I have! "Buttballs" are those wonderful extra folds of fat that appear near the bottom of your butt near your inner thigh. I suppose if I have to show you a picture of them so you understand what I'm talking about then you've never had them; otherwise, you know exactly what I'm talking about. LOL!

Mine are almost gone!!! To me, the disappearence
  2. Day 24 Post-Op - 40 lbs. gone!

Stepped on the scale this morning and am down a total of 40 pounds (I lost 10 lbs. pre-op and have lost 30 since my surgery on 7/14). YAY!

Today was my 2nd follow-up appointment with my doctor and our "Soft Food Class." I get to start eating "flaky" foods like tuna fish, salmon, and super soft meats like ground turkey and ground chicken.

On the way back to work from my appointment, I bought some tuna fish (3 oz. cans) and low-fat mayo (also ...
  3. Day 5 - Tips For Successful Surgery & Beyond

A couple of folks have asked me what my tips are for having a successful surgery & after, so I thought I'd write them out here. (As usual, my disclaimer is that I can only share my own experience. Every one of us is unique, so what may have worked/works for me, might not for you.)

PRE-OP
    1) Follow your doc/nut's pre-op diet!
    I was instructed to have only clear liquids the two days prior to my surgery so I had water, hot tea, broth from wonton soup (but none ...
  4. Post Surgery - Day 4: Sleep, Sleep Apnea, & Protein Drinks

Another good night of sleep - this time I did not wake up once! And I was able to lay completely flat on my back with no pain whatsoever in any of my incisions or from my stomach.

BTW, I have sleep apnea. My doc had me bring my CPAP machine to the hospital with me. The night of my surgery, they did a sleep study on me while I used my machine and determined I needed to add oxygen to it when I went home. The hospital set everything up with the oxygen supplier and when I got home ...
  5. Post-Surgery Days 1 - 3

Hello All! Surgery went perfectly! Just so others can know about what to expect, here's how my first 3 days went:

Surgery day (Day 1) was, of course, the worst. As I feared, I was extremely nauseous. Looks like I'm very sensitive to drugs and anesthesia. B/c of my nausea I had my leak test at 5pm instead of 2pm. That night I slept sitting up in the guest chair as that was the most comfortable.

The next day (Day 2) the nausea stopped. Yay! It was amazing how quickly ...