Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Caro

1. 2 weeks 1 day post surgery

I am having a stall at the moment with my weight loss but thats ok as I've lost 9 kilos now already in just 2 weeks. I am onto mushy pureed baby type foods and I'm loving it. I made myself some salmon patties yesterday and they were delicious. Albeit the 3 bites I could have. I also steamed a chicken breast and blended it up small and add it too my soups to make sure to get plenty of protein. I make a delicious greek yogurt/soymilk berries shake for breakfast which I add unflavoured sugar free ...
  2. first night home from hospital

well first night home and this morning I'm not feeling that great my back is feeling quite sore from laying in bed for 2 days straight and I am feeling a bit of a headache so trying to take liquid panadol that taste awful but I did use my bowels last night which made me feel a whole lot less bloated in my tummy. But my taste buds have changed I used to like lemon and now due to taking lemon flavoured panadol it's turning my stomach.
    I have zero appetite today but I am determined not ...
  3. 2 days post sleeved

woohoo I feel great. I am home had my surgery around 4pm Monday and its now 3.30pm Wednesday. I had no nausea and no gas pain the minimal pain I had was managed with panadol. I did also have a hiatal hernia repair as well which I had had no symptoms off. So far I've stuck completely to clear fluids mostly water black tea and chicken broth. It all seems a little surreal as I am feeling just like me. I didn't have any emotional flatness or anything on day 2 as my surgeon predicted that I would. ...
  4. 11 sleeps and a 1001 emotional rollercoaster rides til I'm sleeved

So today at work my phone rings and its the anesthetist calling with all the details and costs. Well no surprise with the cost $2100 and I will get around $600 back on private health insurance. It made my heart race and my hands sweat with nerves and excitement apparently my surgery is schedule for early afternoon. I was hoping for morning as it will be a long day fasting and waiting around. More so as I've told Gerard (my partner) to go to work and I will catch a taxi to the hospital and given ...
  5. Day 2 of sampling opti fast

So with just over 2 weeks until my surgery the dietician has asked me to start replacing 1-2 meals a day with opti fast well yesterday I had one of the coffee bars for lunch and it made me feel really unwell so I kept drinking water and within a couple of hrs I felt ok and surprisingly not hungry. So this mooring at 6.30 I had the vanilla shake and loved it however I did have quite loose bowel action afterwards and again I drank a heap of water and no hunger pangs till just after midday. So I am ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast