Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kitticat27

1. 90 Days Out

I have been so very busy that I didn't do a 2 month update. Whoops!
    But that's okay because I was busy planning an impromptu wedding! I married my longtime boyfriend on December 10th in a perfect little and private wedding with 20 of our closest friends and family members

I am eating everything except dairy comfortably. I am finding I don't really like eggs or cheese anymore which is really weird. I have been slacking on my tracking but I just got a nutrition and exercise ...
  2. One Month Out

I am officially one month out and doing pretty well
    I am eating four 2oz meals a day and getting in 35-45 grams of protein and anywhere from 400-600 calories depending on my choices. I have been eating a lot of tuna, refried beans, cheese and turkey chili. Next week I will be able to add pork and beef as long as they aren't dry. I am gradually trying out new foods and have found that besides greek yogurt, milk and over-easy eggs everything sits fine.
    I have no feeling of hunger ...
  3. One Week Post-Op

So I am now one week out from my surgery. It feels like is going by pretty quickly. I am looking forward to being able to actually eat something. I am on one protein shake, sugar free popsicles and all the calorie free liquids I can drink. I am getting my 64 oz in and have even gotten more than that in on some days.

Recovery has been pretty easy. The gas pains are gone and I just have some lingering pain in my abdomen. I am lucky enough to have no trouble getting liquids down, I ...
  4. Getting to go home :)

As much as I have enjoyed the care and iv fluids keeping me hydrated and the great painkillers I am very glad to be going home tonight. This bed has not been very comfortable and my poor hubby slept on a little couch in my room all last night. It is time for us to both get a restful night's sleep at home

Thank you all for the well wishes and advice, it is all very much appreciated!
  5. I'm sleeved!

This has been pretty smooth so far When I woke up in recovery I was nauseous and in a lot of pain from the gas but the nausea passed and now I just have some pain in my left shoulder but other than that I'm feeling great. I am so lucky to be in great care but I also just want to be home in my own bed

All is well and my journey has officially begun!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast