Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ella-Ann35

1. 9 months - goal met!

I'm not very good at posting much, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read and read on here. This site, and all of you, have been invaluable to me.

I'm not one of those who were excited and anxious to start this journey. It was a whole year from my first visit with the surgeon to the date of surgery and that was fine with me, the longer the wait, the better. I always questioned if I was doing the right thing.

Today, 9 months later, I've lost 80 lbs. ...
  2. 3 days post-op

Any advice on when the pain stops? I'm also having bouts of coughing which intensifies the pain. Have not been sick to my stomach at all, so that's all good, and have been walking as much as I can. But when I walk I find I'm holding my belly due to the pain. Is this normal? I can't take prescription pain meds so I'm just takin Tylenol.
  3. Today's the day!!

Hi all,
    Well, today is day 0, this is it! Surgery is in 7 hours. I have so many emotions. Looking forward to the day that I can say this is the best decision I ever made but I know it's a long process. Prayers welcome. Thanks for all the great posts that have been so helpful.
    Linda