Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Karynna

1. I Got My DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 Days away and I only have 10lbs left to meet the goal Dr. Fitzer wants. I'm just feeling so very happy. It's been an emotional roller coaster and I am just so thankful for the love and support I have gotten here.

15 days until I start my protein shakes.

I do have to say.. with following the rules of not eating within 30 minutes before or after my meals (except for a mouthful to rinse out my mouth of the taste of the food after I am done eating), I have started ...
  2. So I Lied.. To Myself

When I started this journey, I said to myself I was going to blog each of the big moments to remember.

I'm about two months out from having surgery. I have jumped through the psych eval hoop, the sleep study, and met with my nutritionist.

But through this last month, I was so sick with a lung infection (cold turned bronchitis turned pneumonia turned monster that wouldn't go away) that I had horrible leg swelling. My normally cute ankles were HUGE, forget cankles! ...
  3. Non-Support

So I thought I had my family's support...

My doctor wants me to give serious consideration to bypass surgery and not the sleeve.

I'm freaking out because I don't want to make a mistake or regret my decisionn.

My mom is busy with other stuff, no shock there, my entire life.

Husband is "sick" with a cold and even bff thinks wls is a cop out.

My surgery isn't for three months, but its going to go by in a flash. ...
  4. First Appt in 5 Days

The waiting is driving me crazy. We finally have our new Aetna insurance today. My very first appt with my bariatric surgeon is in five days on Friday at 9:30am.

I have been reading every post on here I can so I have a bunch of questions for him. I'm so anxious as to what the wait time will be. I so hope I don't have to wait 6 months, I've already waited 2 years since my doctor said I needed it (and gained almost 100 lbs). Obviously, if I have to wait 6 months, I will. Any ...
  5. My First Blog - Hope

So I've been overweight since I was a teenager. Previously, I was a figure skater. I broke my tail bone twice in one year and the second time, I just stopped wanting to skate. At the same time, my father was a monster who was finally locked away in 1991. Family members (not my mom) made me feel terrible. I packed the pounds onto my small frame.

High School was great. I didn't have the teasing or cruelty about my weight from anyone but my family. I was popular, had a boyfriend. ...