Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Sounds fun! You can split a meal (and still probably have leftovers.)
    Woo hoo! You go man! Good luck!
    that's great!!! it is nice to have the wls in common,hope your date is AWESOME!!
    Way to go Ciaran!! Hope it goes smashingly!!
    Oh how wonderful Ciaran. Very exciting. It's a lurve time of year :-)
    Congratulations !! I am sure you guys will have a great time . Good Luck!
    Wait... I want to see your talent videos!!! Where are those? Link please!! And great job on your weight loss! You are crushing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    You're awesome! Good Luck in Dublin!

Thank u so much
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    You have lost 150 pounds in 6 months?.... Well done my friend!!!! Keep up the great job Good luck in the competition this weekend xo

Thank you very much ....Ive actually lost 150 since dec which was my high weight so like many others ive been recording since then
    You're awesome! Good Luck in Dublin!
    You have lost 150 pounds in 6 months?.... Well done my friend!!!! Keep up the great job Good luck in the competition this weekend xo
    Wow! 121 lbs?? That is awesome! Thanks for sharing your success with us.
    Wow! That's fantastic!!!
    Continued success!
    You are doing great! Wishing you continued success!
    very good video, nice to hear of anothers journey, good luck.
    Whoot whoot!!!!!!! Ain't it awesome!!! Keep up the strong work!!!!
    I was told 3% rate of death, so yes. A member on here passed away early last year. She was a nice lady from what I understand. With all surgical procedures, there is a "chance". Some, more than others.
    Well im a Big guy and the bigger we are the more comes off faster i s'pose , my diet is 8 pints of low fat milk per day and vitamins and omega oil and Boveril or soup once per day !!
    what are you using...great job
    Wow, 23 pounds off on pre-op?! You are going to rock this whole thing.
    Congrats!
    CONGRATS!!! I cannot wait until I get there! Keep us posted on your weigh loss!
    no just for 2 months and then im go onto a high protein low carbs diet for 2 or 3 months
    4 MONTH pre op diet? I lasted thru a 2 week pre op diet, lost 19 lbs, and was sleeved on 5/5/14. So far I am lucky to get down a protein shake, a can of tomato soup mixed w/skim or 1% milk, Popsicles and Powerade Zero. Today was the 1st day I added unflavored protein to my shake, doubled the protein, and no taste difference. Good luck with your diet. Are you on all liquid for 4 months?
    I did remember looking at this and there are mortality statistics. I believe it is .003 percent or 3 in one thousand I think that works out to. Complications was slightly higher. It is a less at risk surgery than many others at is less invasive however there are still risks. I asked my surgeon outright and he was honest. He had lost patients. A few. None on the operating table all post surgery. Could be connected with other complications, infections or not following dietary advice.
    PS: The risks of dying from weight related complications give you a MUCH higher risk of dying.
    Yes, of course people have died. Its surgery, which requires anesthesia.
    I agree with what the others have said. I'm sure it has happened. That is why you can not go into this lightly. We have to be ready to follow the doctors orders & change our lives. (Wow! The comment about the woman that had KFC. That's crazy!) I actually wanted to have the surgery a few years earlier but had changed my mind due to my sis-in-law almost dying from complications from her lapband. I am happy I made this decision but be sure your ready, it's a roller coster ride. Good luck to you!
    As most have said, every surgery carries that risk. That is why they want you to have all the test. For me it was seeing a cardiologist and having a stress test. To make sure my heart was strong enough to handle the surgery. My complication came about 3 weeks after surgery when one of the port sites burst from and infection. Weird thing was, it wasn't red just slightly pink and no pain. That landed me in the ER and in the hospital for a few days and then doing wound care on myself for about a month or so. Best of luck to you hon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast