Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Surgiversary 6/23! - THANK YOU!!!

Today marks 12 months since my surgery. I had 5 in total in about 5 weeks. Had a slew of complications for 3 months. Today, i have lost 92 lbs. have been to 8 weeks of CrossFit, doing yoga in between, have quit smoking as well. I just want to thank each of you for all your support before, during and after up through now. I truly don't think I could have gotten through without you all some days.

So, just wanted to take a few seconds to thank you all for everything you do and continue ...
  2. Skin Removal Surgery

Hi All,

I'm about 10 months out and my Dr. is suggesting skin removal surgery for the early fall. Can any of you who have had it tell me what you think the pros/cons are and how you felt about getting and how you feel now. Also, what is the recoup time, how long are the drains in and when can you get back to the gym.

Thanks so much!
  3. One year ago today...

I started this whole thing with going to my first meeting at the hospital. June 23rd had the first surgery of 5 in 4 weeks and thought this was the worst thing I ever have done in my whole life. Yesterday, 6 months out, the Dr. told me I was down 75 with 10 to go. I thought, wow, I can't believe it, I felt like I was at a complete standstill since the last time I saw him 3 months previous. Thinking back, I believe I had all those issues for a reason, to think next time I want to reach for a whopper ...
  4. 8 weeks out

Well, I had my sleeve June 23rd and it was the beginning of the end. 5 surgeries later and 8 weeks later I am back to work full time, back at the gym and down 50 pounds. I never got to go through all the stages for the six weeks of eating but am eating fully now and eating mostly everything. Still haven't had salad or a lot of fruit yet. Made spaghetti squash for myself last night while my sons had pasta and didn't feel deprived.

Thank you all for your posts they have been good ...
  5. Tomorrow-3 weeks post op

I hear this is for the good the bad and the ugly so here goes. I had a Hiatal hernia repaired the day of surgery and things were moving along fine for the first 24. After that, I started vomiting and was horribly nauseous so they kept me one more day. Day 3 I continued to vomit so I went for a drink test and they discovered that my stomach had twisted back up to my esophagus. So Thursday I had another surgery to bring the stomach down and untwist. Friday I continued to vomit violently and had to ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast