Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Exercise is good for everyone. But if you keep yourself busy (you will have extra energy) and eat well...the weight will come off. Don't get hung up on the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich-D
    Motivation can vary for everyone. For me, my motivation has been to improve my health and it increases with each lb or inch lost.
    Thanks Mich. I went to my church today and checked out the fitness center. I made sure I know how to work the machines. The day I went to the Dr and made my decision to have this surgery was the biggest step. This is another step to my new life. I know it will be good. Thanks for your post.
    A Fitbit could change your mind.

Weighing 50 pounds less could also change your mind.

Having a more positive state of mind could also change your mind.

The ability to move your a** a lot faster than now could also change your mind.

In other words, you can worry about all that later.

Enjoy the journey.
    Try it, you'll like it, really! Start by putting on your shoes and taking a walk. Start slow and work up, even if it's just down your driveway, then down the block, then around the block, etc. If you start now, before surgery, your recovery will be easier (that's just my opinion of course.) I was walking quite a bit before surgery, so the walking afterwards was no big deal.

Speaking of walks, I need to get off this computer and out my door!
    Before the sleeve my motivation was to burn off the bad stuff I ate. After the sleeve since I don't eat the bad stuff any more I no longer "have to" exercise and I actually am enjoying it now because it makes me feel so much better
    I was not an exerciser before. At. All. I tried joining a gym, probably 2 months in, and was liking it but my hip displasia was so limiting I didn't feel like I was getting my $$$ worth so I purchased a good quality exercise bike, (the only exercise that wasn't killing me). It sits in front of my big screen and today I'm up at 4:30 every work day to spend an hour with it and whatever I'm currently obsessed with on Netflix. It's habit now and I wouldn't trade how it makes me feel for the world! It's also made it possible (and necessary) to eat a bit more and still lose. Now that I'm in maintenance I feel like my metabolism is in a really good place for life long maintenance. Could I have done it without exercise? Sure, but I'd have to live like I was on a diet and I choose not to! I choose to enjoy all the foods I like in small quantities and the boost exercise gives me, (aside form the health benefits) allows me to have it all! It's a trade of I decided to choose for myself. I also use a fitness watch, (ViVo Fit) to help me move a bit more and synch my activity to MFP.
    Can you try getting one of the FitBit Ones? They make tracking steps fun. They just clip on. I loved having mine, but my husband ran it over accidentally with the car. I plan to get another One.

It's just a little fun encouragement. It also tracks your sleep, which is a good thing.
    Could you wake up earlier in the morning and exercise before work?
    Do extra things like parking further away from your building, take the stairs instead of the elevator, take walks during your lunch break or at home (if you have a dog, it makes that easier).
    All of these small exercises add up at the end of the day.

You might be surprised what you can accomplish as you gain more energy and more motivation as you lose weight.
    Motivation can vary for everyone. For me, my motivation has been to improve my health and it increases with each lb or inch lost.