Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kchopkins

1. Two Years later...

Well, it's been two years, and a couple days, since I had VSG and life has changed...but not entirely.

I have lost almost 120 lbs total. Though in the last two months gained back ten. I blame some of it on this new birth control I'm having to take, but some of it is also me just slipping back into my old ways...which I'm struggling mightily with. However, I refuse to give up. So each day is a struggle. Some days are good, others, not so much.

Some accomplishments: ...
  2. Scary Dream

So, last night, I had the craziest, and quite frankly scariest dream I've had in years.

I was sitting with my husband at a holiday party, I looked down at my legs and couldn't get them to cross. So I got up and went to the bathroom to look in the mirror and found I had gained back all 120 lbs I've lost. It literally woke me up from a sound sleep.

I think, because I haven't been eating great lately, holiday baking and all, my subconscious maybe wanted to give me a ...
  3. One year later...

This past Wednesday was my one year surgiversary. I cannot even begin to explain what a difference this surgery has made in my life. Everyone notices how different I am, both inside and out. Even my boss mentioned, during my mid year review, how much more confident and positive I am. He doesn't know I had WLS. He just said "Since you've gotten your health back, it's evident you are way more confident". It was really nice to hear.

I still struggle, daily, with food. ...
  4. Approaching My One Year Surgiversary

In a little over a month, I'll be one year since my sleeve surgery. So many things have changed for me. Even though at the start I felt like I'd made a huge mistake, today I am very much thankful for this journey and for the fact I was lucky enough to be able to have this procedure.

Though I still struggle with consistent weight loss, overall I've lost 103 lbs from my highest ever weight. And for that I am truly thankful. I still have a way to go but know now that it IS possible ...
  5. And the stall continues

So, here I sit, a month later, and I'm still not under 200. I could literally scream. I've been sitting at 201 for over 3 weeks. Working my ass off in the gym, making sure I get my protein, keep my fat and sugar down and drinking enough water to float away on.

WTF

Argh.
    Tags: stall Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast