Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bmiller140

1. Strangest NSV

Many NSVs are personal like when you realize that the smallest pants in your closet are too small or when you need to adjust the rear view mirror in your car because your butt is smaller.

Others are more public like when people call you skinny or good looking men actually notice you and smile.

Well I have now experienced the strangest NSV - so far at least. My husband and I had dinner with my son and his kids today. As we were leaving the parking lot I told my husband ...
  2. I Have a Nice Neck - Who Knew

Went to get my hair cut and colored yesterday. I'm 3 months post surgery and what hair isn't falling out is so dry. My hairdresser had Gastric Sleeve surgery 5 years ago and she is one of my coaches. Always puts a moisturizing protein treatment on my hair. Now she tells me that I need to take Biotin. Will get some tomorrow.

Back to the neck story. We decided that I should cut my hair shorter because of the dryness and to make it easier for me. The back is really short but the sides ...
  3. Hot Dogs, Chips and Baseball

The Little League World Series has really captured my husband's interest. I enjoy watching the games too.

So today I planned to fix hot dogs for a late lunch while we watched the final International game. Just seemed appropriate. I put a great deal of thought into how I would have this meal. Decided that the thin half of the hot dog bun toasted well would be a good base. Coat with mustard and top with a turkey wiener cut open so it will lay flat. Then top with regular Wolf Brand ...
  4. I Confess - I'm Obsessed

So glad that I have this forum of great folks to share my confession with. I know that you won't judge me. We share so many of the same experiences.

Well, here it goes. I confess that I am obsessed with crossing my legs like a lady. Okay - I know you guys might not understand but you women know just what I mean.

The first time I realized that I could cross my legs was at my two week post-op appointment. It's been down hill since then. At my desk, in meetings, in my ...
  5. Our Deepest Fear

Every day we have a quote pop up on our computers when we log in. Yesterday's quote really spoke to me so I wanted to share it with everyone on this site. The quote is by Marianne Williamson from a book titled A Return to Love: Reflection on the Principles of A Course in Miracles.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast