Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congrats!!
    Fabulous
    ahhh . . .good for you
    That is an awesome NSV
    excellent.....so exciting
    Beautiful pictures. So glad to hear you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!
    I'm so thankful today. I was originally scheduled to have surgery today and it got rescheduled to an earlier date -- October 27th. So now, I'm 4 weeks post op and able to eat some turkey and veggies. It's not my ideal thanksgiving but at least I'm not in the hospital and I'm not in any pain. And.. I'm 30 pounds lighter than I was last year. Such a happy brown girl!
    I will be in Mexico having surgery no Thanksgiving food for me, But it will all be worth it in the end, although I'm on my pre Op diet right now and starving and everything sounds fanatstic.
    Sue seafood dressing never had it or heard of it! let me know if its good!
    Chrissy D Prime rib is usually our Christmas dinner I love it WAY more than turkey
    wow Ann I want your thanksgiving! Have a great holiday with your husband and enjoy!
    I am eating Prime Rib (I love uncle George he hates turkey) a few bites of a few sides and that is all. Last year when I made my plate everyone thought it was a kid plate I plan on doing the same this year!!!! Little is more for me.
    I plan on trying a little bit of everything, the key word is "little" and savoring each small bite that I chew 20 -25 times.
    Which is different than the previous Thanksgivings, where I took a lot of everything and ate so fast that sparks were flying from my knife and fork.

Besides traditional thanks, I am also going to give thanks to the second chance at living a long, healthy and quality life I gave myself by being sleeved.
    I had to start my presurgery diet the day after Thanksgiving last year. I know I will eat alot less this year. I want to try a bite of everything. It will be interesting to see what happens and how my sleeve responds.
    Hubby and I will be spending Thanksgiving at a posh hotel for a four-day stay-cation. We'll eat at the wonderful hotel restaurant where professionals will do all the decorating, meal planing, cooking, serving and cleaning up! We'll talk to and listen to each other -- not our goofy relatives' political and religious rants. Evenings, we'll look down on the city's Christmas lights and read our Kindles. On Friday I'll do some holiday retail therapy. Saturday, we'll work through the hotel spa menu. Sunday, we'll do brunch and drive home.

We are very, very thankful!
    I plan to eat a bite or two of whatever I want.
    Mourning...
    Last year, I was freshly sleeved, and had NADA for food. This year... TURKEY!!! and some fixings...

I always say: I fail if my only change is that I eat less of the same foods I ate before the sleeve. But, for one day, it's ok to plan to do it!!
    Because of the expected bad weather and people having multiple engagements, we actually hosted a family pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving on Sunday. I made the turkey and gravy of course, green bean casserole (left the fried onions off and offered them in a bowl for those who wanted them), mashed cauliflower, and stuffing. Oh and whole cranberry sauce. I had one bite of everything and then about 6 bites of turkey and gravy. It was great. I got to taste everything without overdoing anything. I didn't feel deprived at all.
    I am seeking sleever recipies on pinterest. I always like to try something different. I am having the traditional turkey and ham for my family but my menu will include the sweet potatoes, seafood dressing, veggies, and panzit a phillipino noodle dish that is very low in calorie. I usually make a pineapple upside down cake but I am seeking something low calorie/and carb for me to have as a sweet. I love to cook during the holidays, so what ever is left i will brink it to work for my office family or put it in the freezer for later. :-)
    Chicago is a wonderful town. Was there last week myself. Gorgeous architecture. Lovely people.
    suzn358...that total is with a preop weight loss of 20lbs. So in about 6.5 months time it has been 65 lbs. Dr. said I was average on my weight loss. I eat mainly yogurt for breakfast or a small taco with ham egg and cheese then snack on string cheese, fruit, nuts and lunch is maybe a half of turkey sandwich on light whole wheat bread and light may and cheese or soup...chicken nuggets...I try not to eat that to often since its fried but chick filet has grilled nuggets that are good. Then dinner is whatever I make or eat out with the family just small portions. I can tolerate about anything anymore....stay away from bread it gives me bad heartburn and spicy food can cause some problems. Best wishes on your journey!
    Hi - we had surgery the same day - you're way ahead of me and doing great! What do you eat these days?
    I wouldn't really consider living anywhere else
    I think things have gotten much better as far as memory loss is concerened....Ive just been trying really hard to stay focused and making sure Im taking my vitamins daily. I think it was just a weird couple of weeks!
    That was a great NSV. Congratulations!
    Are you still having memory loss?
    The Phentermine and topimax made me very forgetful that along with being pre menopausal
    Hello ariggs,

I am also experiencing memory loss. I have to write notes to myself all the time. Before surgery I had a little short term memory loss but what I am going through now is not me... I was going to talk to my doctor about this. Let me know if you find anything out...
    actually Joe everything is pretty good...I sleep better than I ever did and life is pretty mellow...infact my job has been pretty slow. thats why I thought maybe its just the hormones from surgery. Or Im just making it a bigger deal than it is. Cant imagine that
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast