Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jacquidaniels

1. My Journey: You're not welcome here!

I really need to get out of my head. I have no idea where this is coming from, but I'm feel more like laying in bed than moving my butt. It's been 8 Days since surgery. I expected to feel better by now. On the whole, I do feel pretty good. No real pains. The problem is I was kicking butt with work outs before surgery and now I don't even have the motivation to get up and even walk. I'm so disappointed with myself right now.

It's like the fat Jacqui mind set is pulling at this new ...
  2. My journey: really, seriously?

I was thoroughly enjoying my Yoplait light yogurt and then I read the ingredients and I see sugar listed. Grr...
  3. Question: help please!

I may be over thinking things, but you know how at the hospital they give you a incentive spirometer, or voldyne and tell you to use it 10 times every hour. I started doing this the first day after surgery, but then I thought, "This is basically a giant straw!" So my question to you all, to use, or not to use? Thanks!
  4. My Journey: Just keep sipping!

My loving husband has taken over, right where the doctor and nurses left off ever since we left the hospital on Wednesday. He checks my bp, passes out my meds, makes my protein shakes, makes sure I'm up and walking, but especially loves to say, "Just keep sipping." Yes, I'm very lucky, I know this.

Truthfully though, I am having a really hard time trying to get in my water and I have no desire to eat. Nothing sounds or tastes good. I walked some today, but then I was exhausted ...
  5. My journey: This too shall pass, I hope.

Monday was surgery day. That night I began to wonder what I had gotten myself into? I felt nauseated, and in pain, but I knew that would happen. My blood pressure spiked to 238/100+ something which was very unusual for me. The dr. gave me 2 rounds of nitro pills and a nitro patch which helped bring it down some. By Wednesday, my bp was stabilized and I was able to go home. Finally getting to sleep in my own bed last night was Heavenly. I'm feeling better every day. I just look forward to the day ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast