Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Hemoglobin Blues...

So guess who got to spend Friday night in the hospital getting a blood transfusion because her hemoglobin was 6.7 ? Well... that would be me!

On Friday I went in to have routine blood work drawn for my appointment with my bariatric surgeon tomorrow morning. I had my blood drawn at 9:00 am and at 4:00 pm I get a call from my PCP's office telling me that my hemoglobin was at a critcal low lever and that I needed to go to the nearest emergency room. A few moments later my bariatric ...
  2. Hemoglobin Blues...

So guess who got to spend Friday night in the hospital getting a blood transfusion because her hemoglobin was 6.7 ? Well... that would be me!

On Friday I went in to have routine blood work drawn for my appointment with my bariatric surgeon tomorrow morning. I had my blood drawn at 9:00 am and at 4:00 pm I get a call from my PCP's office telling me that my hemoglobin was at a critcal low lever and that I needed to go to the nearest emergency room. A few moments later my bariatric ...
  3. Major Goal Accomplished & Unbelievable Loss of A Loved One

I wanted to lose 80 pounds by the end of 2014 and it didn't look like I was going to make it. I hit 75.8 by Christmas. I was happy and a touch disappointed...but I just sent a new goal for 80 pounds by mid January. Life will give you perspective in the most unique of ways. I had a beautiful Christmas with my family and felt the blessings and joy of family. I was happier than I have been in a while, and then my world changed forever...

On Sunday December 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm my sister ...
  4. Christmas wish granted!

I wanted to reach 75 pounds down by my 6 month surgery anniversary. Well...my 6 month goal was missed by 10 days, but today I made it!!! I am so grateful for every pound that I have lost. What a wonderful gift I gave myself this Christmas, a healthier body. I remember all too well how much I was suffering last year at this time.The quote I have read so many times is true "A year from now you will be glad you did." Boy, am I ever glad I did!
  5. Under the big 3!!!

I am at 296.8 and just 2 pounds from having lost 75 pounds since my pre-op diet 5 months ago! I am a happy, happy girl and hopeful to hit 75 pounds down by Thanksgiving in 9 days which is ambitious, but doable. Otherwise bring on the 75 before December 5. I would be beyond thrilled if I hit 80 pounds down by December 31st. I am proud that I made the decision to save my life and with every pound lost I gain more freedom. We were pelted with a very early winter storm yesterday that put close to 10 ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l659768261.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	22404  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast