Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

InthelandofOZ

1. 3 weeks out - 800 calories?? Nutrition Questions

I'll be 21 days out July 14th - I started pureed food today - that egg with cheese never tasted so good! :-) I didn't think I'd get tired of protein shakes but I have a couple that I just wanted to gag thinking about having to drink them again. The Premier Protein (chocolate) from Sam's is the only one I can choke down right down.

I have been shooting for 60-80 grams of protein per day - is that enough?

At my 10 day post op appointment my surgeon told me to shoot for ...
  2. 3 days post-op

Well I did it!
    I was sleeved on Monday - which was the worse day pain wise.
    Like everyone has said - each day gets better with pain and swallowing.
    When I take a drink it gurgles before it goes down - really weird feeling. But today it didn't 'hurt' during the gurgling.
    This morning I did have some nausea which I hadn't experienced the last two days.
    Yesterday and today I was able to get in 50 ounces of fluid in. Which I was pretty happy and surprised about. ...
  3. Any last minute advice from veterans?

My surgery is Monday. I'm excited but having a few jitters.
    This invaluable site has been a wealth of information so I know that it will be rough for awhile.
    But any advice and/or words of encouragement would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  4. Day 7 Pre-op Update - Random Questions and Thoughts

One week from today is my sleeve surgery!! I’m nervous and excited. Probably more nervous because it’s hard to be “excited” over something so surreal and hard to wrap your mind around…the fact that a year from now I’ll look like a normal person. Not a big ‘apple’ girl.

I was to do a 10 day pre-op diet (limited in options are allowed and it is low carb, low fat, low sugar and high protein and about 750-800 calories). I chose to make it 14 days – which is good because the first ...
  5. The beginning of the Journey

I want to write this down before I forget it all.

I'm a 39 year old singe mother of a 7 year old. I can't remember a time I wasn't the biggest in any group I hung out with.

September 2013 – found out that our insurance would now cover Bariatric Surgery if you met the requirements and jumped through their hoops J

December 14, 2013 – Attending the required 2 hour informational meeting to kick it all off

February 2014 - Sent in required paper ...