Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

"Hello toes, I can see you" (without leaning a little forwards).

-This is the daytime, family program answer.
    "Why yes, I have lost a "ton" of weight."
    more than once I have had to respond to a missed call or text... "Sorry I missed your call I was out running." Or "Sorry it took so long to respond I was at the gym"
    I can't believe I went from a 44D to 38DDD bra! My girls are loving it!
    Holy crap, I can really fit into a size 4 petite dress!

No really, I am not the food delivery person...I didn't bring your taco order...I am one of your former patients...dude you guys did surgery on me like 18 months ago...but thanks for not recognizing who I was...best compliment I have gotten all day!

No son, you cannot wear mommy's new dress...no son...I don't care if it fits you...son really...yes I realize you think it looks pretty on you...but boys don't wear dresses honey!

And my personal favorite thus far...My son comes running up to me one morning...holds up his little hand as if to stop me in my tracks and yell's Mommy STOP! I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!! (At this point I had not had my morning coffee and this kid is hell bent on me hearing whatever he feels he needs to say BEFORE I am allowed any caffeine). So as he is hold up his one hand to make sure I don't go anywhere, he puts his other little and on his hip and proceeds to say this "Mommy, I have decided that I am all about that bass, no treble mommy, no treble!" At this point I am trying really hard not to laugh, but I just couldn't resist relying "Ok son, does this ALSO mean that you are gonna be bringing booty back as well???"...To which he response, without missing a beat "Yeah mommy, I'm gonna be doing that too, make sure everyone else knows!"

My response: "Well son...this would have been really great to know...before mommy had weight loss surgery"

For those of you who have no idea why this conversation was SO funny coming from my 3 year old...you need to watch this:

[video=youtube_share;7PCkvCPvDXk]http://youtu.be/7PCkvCPvDXk[/video]
    These knee-high boots zip all the way up
    No thanks, I'm full.
    I'm shrinking. Lol
    "My hips are so narrow!"
    "I just don't eat as much as I used to."

(Said with mild surprise, it's my new line for when I'm out with friends, colleagues, clients, whoever -- and, of course, it's actually true.)
    No thanks to second helpings (barely firsts)
    Desserts are highly over rated and don't taste that great.
    No, not interested in going to a buffet

Mine are all food related since I haven't gotten out of the 20's in clothing sizes yet. I don't anticipate getting down to a size 8. We'll see...
    1. My size 6 are jeans are loose.
    2. What happened to my boobs? These aren't mine.
    3. I can do a pull-ups. 1.5, but it counts... so does the 0.5.
    Same here! My size 8 skinny jeans are baggy on me!
    When you completely turn your life and health around in months and lose over 100lbs, you can't help but want to shout it from the rooftop.
    Apparently I've become that girl! It's all I think about. Is it so wrong for me to want the people I love to be healthy? No but I have to remember u can't make them do it.
    OMG so true. There's nothing worse than sitting in your bosses office at over 300 pounds and she spends 10 minutes talking about her workout that morning. I will never be THAT girl.
    I found myself in a funny position today...picking up my new meds from the ob gyn office cause I asked if I could crush my pill now and she said no but they had a chewable birth control pill I could have so I went to get them and it was like the 2 in reception area rushed me before I could close the door...the big question..."you're having gastric bypass surgery??" You don't look big enough...so I said I hid it well cause I've had many years of practice hiding it. Then more questions came and more..honestly I felt interrogated...my husband in the car waiting and I said that too but the questions kept flying til one of them said that they are so jealous of me and I said dont be jealous because I've busted my but to get this far with all the doctors visits and tests and the hardest work is yet to come so ill be busting my ass for the rest of my life...then I walked out wishing them both a nice day. Talk about weird.
    I Totally applaud u..... We all need a check now and then, and it can be humbling. I suffer all my life being a larger person, Grew up with overweight relatives, and heard all the creul comments, looks and giggles, And I hope and pray that I Always remember where I came from... I'm still the same person ,Just a rentovated bod,,,lol thanks for your fresh Post....Vegimen from Cali KEEPING IT REAL>>LOVE IT>>>
    LOL!

You're a smart cookie.
    What a great reminder! Since I'm still new to the sleeve I feel like all my focus is on what I eat, counting protein, liquid, and carbs, and working out. I have to remember when talking to people that there is much more to life (at least theirs lol) than that! Like you said, it is my journey not theirs.
    LOL, I'll have to remember that in the future. I havent even been sleeved yet but sometimes catch myself being a sleeve advocate. At least you were able to recognize it when it happened to you. Thanks for the heads up......
    That is so awesome! Congratulations! Wishing you continued success and many blessings!
    So proud of you!
    Way to go!! You made your goal in less than a year!! That is awesome!!

Laura
    thanks guys!
    I forgot to mention, my BMI is currently just over 24, I am officially in a normal weight range, and I have lost 86.4% of my excess body weight. YAY!
    So exciting. Met my nuts goal for me this am almost 7 mos out. Have 10 to go to normal bmi, and 29 to my high school skinny personal goal. So happy for you and all of us who have been brave enough to make the journey!
    simply awesome...wow!
    Go on girl, you got it!!!!!
    Now I just need plastics. Anyone got about $30k laying around?
    Fabulous! Good for you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast