Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

denise.jordan39

1. Prayers Please

This has nothing to do with weight loss. My daughter, age 42, has just been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. We are currently waiting for results of full body scan to determine if it's already migrated to any other organ. We could use all the prayers we can get. This has happened so fast. To all you women, and husband's. Don't mess around if you even suspect something. This has all happened in a few short weeks. Her only symptom was that her nipple retracted suddenly. No lump, just ...
  2. Happy Birthday to ME!!

So, it was one year ago today I turned 59. I woke up and had a long reflection of my life. I was happily married, have 6 great kids who love me, 11 beautiful grandchildren, not rich, but enough for my needs. Great life, right? Yes, but I was also 123 pounds overweight, on the highest doses of 3 Blood pressure medications, suffering from fibromyalgia, arthritis, the list goes on. I thought, how long am I going to live? 20-30+ more years? Like this? No thank you! That started me on this journey. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1413816509393.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	21856  
  3. 5 Months, 79 pounds, ONEDERLAND!

What a journey! It hasn't been all roses, but I love that I'm getting there! I really wanted to hit 199 by today and I did it! That stupid scale has been hovering at EXACTLY 200.0 for two days and it finally moved. I have 40 more to go to reach my goal, but I have to be honest, I'm pretty happy with the way I look now. I wear a 14 pants large top. I'm 5'9". I know more weight loss is going to equal more sagging skin - I'm 59 - but I guess I'll deal with that as it happens. Weight loss is ...
  4. 3 Months, 65 pounds, Finally brave enough to post pictures

So last October I turned 59. I was at least 120 pounds overweight, on the highest level of 3 blood pressure medicines, took at least 9 excedrin a day for pain, (allergic to most other medications) I lived in pain, moved very little. I could feel myself getting older. Then I realized, I have a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what, 6 wonderful children, and 11 grandchildren, all of whom I would die for. I DECIDED TO LIVE FOR THEM INSTEAD!! Not going to sugar coat this. It was hard! I had ...
  5. Sorry, I'm Techno challenged today!

The secrets out! I'm OCD. In my attempt to correct all mistakes in my post, I posted 3 times! Now I can't figure out how to delete! SORRY!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast