Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LadyGreensleeves

1. Day 6 Post-Op & Happy to Be Back at Work!!

So, after having a few blah days, I am finally back at work and feeling like I will make it through these first 2 weeks post-op. I am feeling pretty good. Still trying to be careful due to tenderness, but I must say everyday I'm getting better and better.
  2. 5 Days Post-Op and Going Nuts!

Okay... so before I start ranting let me explain a little of the home situation. My husband has rotating 12 hr shifts that he works. Day 1 of my pre-op liquid diet was on a day I spent working during the day and hubby worked a 12 hr shift that night and also the following 2 nights. I did fine the first 3 days dealing with the hunger and food cravings. I religiously stuck with the protein shakes and other liquids out of fear that my surgery would have to be re-scheduled and I would have to start ...
  3. Okay... So I've done something incredibly stupid...

I am only 4 days post-op and I was feeling okay. I got this incredible urge to eat something solid. I ended up eating a slice of cheese and a piece of lunch meat turkey about the size of a cracker. I am hurting something awful right now. It feels kind of like it is stuck. I worry that I might have damaged something.

I am kicking myself like crazy right now, because, after all, I haven't even been able to get in all my fluids and here I had decided to take a bite of something solid. ...
  4. 4 Days Post-Op

So I was sleeved on Feb. 7, 2014. My surgeon did a really great job, however, I don't feel like I was given clear instructions on what I can and cannot eat/drink for these first two weeks post-op. I have heard liquids. I have been reading on these forums about needing a certain amount of protein daily. I don't know how much protein I should be aiming for or even if protein intake is something I should be concerned about at this point.

What is the most important thing right now? Is ...