Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DJmillie

1. Best top 5 for post op'ers from my experience, in no particular order

1.) Desert of the Valley Aloe Vera juice (instantly calms an angry feeling tummy, I would not be without this. Also helps keep me regular-never had an issue with post op constipation, which seems common from what I've read)

2.) peppermint essential oil for my temples. Helps with nausea, big time for me!

3.) Seabands! The acupressure wrist bands that aid in nausea also.

4.) heating pad. Seemed to help the bit of wind trapped behind my left shoulder ...
  2. I'm home- 2 days post op

Doc said the surgery went well and the size of my liver made it easier for him to manuver the tools around. He said he always knows when people cheat on the pre op diet because they have to really shove the liver out of place. When the liver is enlarged, makes it more difficult to move the liver to get to the stomach and that results in more pain for the patient post op. So if ever there was a reason not to cheat, let it be the knowledge that post op you'll suffer more!

Lots of ...
  3. 10 hours away from surgery

I accept any and all prayers. Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu ....heck, even new age positive thoughts, healing star powers or chakra crystals are welcome! You have 30 seconds and an ounce of spirituality? My name is Dona and I live in TN. Just tell The Big Guy I sent you and he'll know what it's about.

See y'all on the losers bench!
  4. 5 days into the Pre Op and still going strong!

It's hard. It's real hard. Especially when you have a family that needs you to function as if it's a regular day. Cooking the meals, doing the grocery shopping, taking the kids to the movies. I would say I put myself through the ultimate test going to see Mr Peabody and Sherman with my kids, as all the wonderful smells from the concession stand were almost hypnotic. Combine that with all of the suggestive advertising while waiting for the movie to start...oh please! I couldn't have been more ...
  5. Pre Op liquid diet day two

Today was much more difficult than yesterday. I have had zero energy, the niggly headache behind my eyes continues and I'm starting to break out on my face! Something I haven't done in about 25 years!

I'm still not as hungry as I thought I would be, which is a good thing. The protein shakes, tea, water and jello seem to keep the hunger pains at bay thank goodness! But I am missing the sensation of eating, chewing, crunching...I didn't realise how much sensory satisfaction I received ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast