Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CharlieFarley

1. CK jeans

People are weird, right? I know I am.

I lived in Texas for 3 or 4 years up until 2004. During that time, I got practically laughed out of the Calvin Klein store for daring to ask if they had some jeans in my size. I wanted 44" waist back then - not impossible to find in Ralph Lauren or Hilfiger. But, evidently, laughably too big for the CK image.

Well, since losing so much weight and the returning to America, that moment has been bouncing around in my head ...
  2. Texas!

I've not been on this website for a while... mostly because my time has been spent settling into a new home after my family relocated from China to USA!

But we've been in Texas a few weeks now. And none of us have been shot yet.

Not even once!
  3. first anniversary!

Today is the first anniversary of my sleeve surgery!

The simple summary is that it has been easier and more successful than I ever even hoped.

I don't have access to my Aria scales at the moment. But I've lost well over a hundred pounds (50kg) and am happily in the normal BMI range. Waist size is from tight 44" pants to loose 34"s - not bad for somebody standing at 6'2" (ish)?!

I thought my weight had levelled off at about 190lbs (BMI=25, ...
  4. scuba diving - Truk Lagoon

Back home after an awesome dive trip to Micronesia to see the WWII wrecks of the Japanese fleet in Truk (Chuuk) Lagoon!

I've done several single dives at home (UK) since my surgery 11 months ago but this was my first dive trip post-op.

Up to 4 dives per day, 28 dives in total; the deepest ones to more than 55m (180feet).

Staggering experience!

Three things to record for this website...

- My sleeve is ...
  5. bradycardia (part 2)... and GOAL!! (revisited!)

I've been here reading the forums a lot over the past few weeks but haven't really wanted to post very much until I had more information on the bradycardia thing I talked about in my last blog post.
    http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/entry.php?b=27865

I saw my cardiologist this afternoon having had an echocardiogram yesterday, holter test over night and a stress test today.

Management summary: a big fuss over nothing.

I'd seen her a few weeks ...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast