Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

transformation

1. feeling great at fist post op

Saw the surgeon today and all is well. Getting in all my protein, calories, and pure water that I am supposed to have daily. It was rough as hell when I first came home, but since last night I think it should be smooth sailing from here. Told my remaining family help that they can leave not since I can drive and do everything on my own again. I'm so encouraged so far. Good things are in my future again.
  2. had surgery today

I woke up with severe tummy and back pain between shoulder bones. Just received dilauded because morphine does not work on me. They tried toradol even though only 4 months post spine fusion. That upset me but surgeon said it should be fine. I waled halls couple loops earlier and will do so again in 30 mins. I am o floor with other patients with hip surgeries so that are eating normal food and the smell has made me very hungry. What the heck....thought no hunger after surgery. The hospital staff ...
  3. Jan 13th is the big day

I have gone thru roller coaster of feelings on this surgery from "it's about time I take control of my life" to the opposite of "what if I can't handle the pain and something goes really wrong".

There are several factors causing me to second guess this decision regarding some family and friends I have placed in a virtual timeout for not supporting me when I need it the most.

I have been going thru tons of youtube and blog/topic entries to calm my ...