Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Struggling with food

I started adding things to my diet slowly like my surgeon instructed. Now I seem to want to eat unhealthy things again. Especially during the most hormonal time of the month for me!
    I went on vacation with my family and failed to plan my food for the time I traveled and I ended up eating things that was not low calorie and comfort foods that I don't usually have access to.
    I think I need to readjust my mind back to where I was before I started seeing the weight fall off.
  2. 3 months post op- mirrors

I am almost 50 lbs post-op from having my VSG. I have lost 2 dress sizes and even my feet have lost weight so I have to wear the shoes that last year had begun to fit too tightly. The biggest nsv for me is that I have actually started looking in the mirror again without cringing. I know that sounds horrible but I went through a tough period in my life around 6 years ago and that was when I reached my highest weight. I was depressed and no longer cared about how I looked but was in survivor mode. ...
  3. The why's and whines of my second week after surgery

I am learning my sleeve and attempting to follow my current stage of pureed food to the T. I am eating mostly soups and yogurt right now and trying to get my protein shakes in as well as focusing on my water intake. With all that, I am exhausted by the end of the day. I just want to sleep after I come home from work because I have an active job and am now eating much less.
    So I wonder...is it really so essential for us to follow a specific stage progression of how we introduce food to our ...
  4. 5 days post op vsg

Well Well Well. I have been sleeved for 5 days. It took over a year for me to finally get here and yet I feel like there was not any real way for me to completely mentaly prepare for this stage of my journey. I had my liquid diet preop and am on my liquid diet now post op but it is hard for me to recognize if I am having hunger pains or insicional pains.
    I am regretting not buying Unjury unflavored protein powder because I am so tired of sweet protein shakes and would not mind drinking something ...
    Tags: post op Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  5. 3 days post op

I was sleeved on March 5 2015. I am having a hard time drinking my protein shakes and really do not have an appetite right now.
    I am still waiting to have a BM but I have been burping.
    This first night was the worse because of the gas in my chest and stomach areas. I am so excited that I am finally on the other side and no longer waiting to be sleeved.
    I just need to figure out how to get my protein intake in until my new tummy has stopped swelling. My issue is everytime I sip ...
    Tags: post op, vsg Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast