Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

If you overeat, you'll never do it a second time; it's the worst feeling in the world and the one time I did it; it lasted several hours. It is a self correcting mistake.
    Helen, you should be eating only protein shakes, liquids, soup, yogurt, runny cream of wheat, jello, tea, crystal lite, water etc. Nothing harsh, you shouldn't be chewing at this stage. You are still healing.
    use gas-x strips and stick with liquids ... broths, jello,water ... my surgeon and nut says no mushy foods for a couple weeks . the first couple days are broth jello and water only ... then for a couple weeks add shakes, strained cream soups ... mushy foods dont begin till like week 3 or 4 ...
    My doctors rule was full liquid for the first day (if we pass the leak test we get clear liquids) and if our stomachs can handle that, they immediately move us on at lunch time to soft foods. When I came home I didn't eat much bc I was afraid. I did get a sample menu...just nervous that is all...I do not want to screw up my stomach.

Thanks everyone!!

Helen
    3 weeks before I was allowed soft food. Liquid is phase 2 and soft is phase 3. I am 6 weeks out and don't go to phase 4 for 2 more weeks. Critical you get your liquids and protein. Check with your doctor or nut and see what they have to say, sounds to me you are awful early in your recovery for soft food (just my opinion).
    Take it slow and chew, chew, chew. Your new tum will let you know when it's had enough. The worst part is over. Now enjoy your new lifestyle and the results of losing. Best wishes!
    My full feeling is pressure in my abdomen. I also hiccup if I've eaten too much. Measuring your food is critical at this stage. I was told 1/4 cup at most. I found that pudding and jello cups worked because I couldn't finish that small amount and they were about 1/4 cup. Don't push the food too much. Make sure you're getting fluid and protein in. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    I havent been sleeved but done lot of research. I thought it was a liquid diet for 2 weeks first. But Im one to say dont be shame to call your providers office and have them give you a list again. Good Luck, Blessings.
    Hi Helen - I was on a full fluid diet for two weeks. Did your dr or nutritionist give you an eating plan?

At two days out I battled to get down one shake. Go for the protein shakes and check with your Dr, nurse or NUT.

Good luck. I was also really nervous when I first got out.
    PreOp for me:

Protein Shake: Taste like chocolate milk or Vanilla
    Kroger Brand: Slim - Choc or Vanilla - GREAT yum LARGER BOTTLES THAN SPECIAL K. BRAND. AND WAY CHEAPER.

Chicken Broth - large can/LUNCH AND DINNER OR SHAKE FOR DINNER, OR VICE OR VERSA.

Cream of Chicken Soup,
    Cream of Celery Soup

Water
    PRETTY SIMPLE:

FOUND THIS FOR AFTER SURGERY:
    SEEMS TO MAKE SENSE AND IT HAS TAKEN AND EASED MY MIND
    ON HOW MUCH TO EAT MAKING SURE I GET ENOUGH AND NOT TOO MUCH.

YONANAS -FROZEN TREAT MAKER - FROZEN BANANAS, MANGO, PINEAPPLE CHERRIES, ANY FROZEN FRUIT, - PUT THROUGH MACHINE COMES OUT LIKE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM.

Silicone Cup holder /Found at J.C. Penny's pack of 3
    Fill Cup holder with 3/4 of a cup of protein add little veggies and a little carbs.
    Use at restaurants, work, home, anywhere, fill cup holder, put contents in
    container, plate, whatever, eat, wala!!! the correct amount of food.
    making sure you have not to much but enough.
    Updated 01-17-2014 at 11:13 PM by denakayhall0218 (Changing text.)
    Ask your doctor if he/she approves of chewing sugarless gum. That helped me.