Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. One Year Today - What a Journey

Well today marks my one year surgery anniversary. I started at 256lbs (116.1kgs) and as of today am down to 149lbs (68kgs) - 107lbs (48.8kgs) loss. I have now stabilised and fluctuate about 1-2lbs.

My final appointment with my surgeon 3 weeks ago (hadn't seen him since Feb) and his comment was "Well that worked!"

For me it has been the best thing I have ever done. I feel great and have been lucky to have had no problems. Food is no longer my life although ...
  2. 6 Month Surgiversary 17.06.14

OMG - I cannot believe it was my 6 month surgiversary on the 17th. How my life has improved - beyond my wildest dreams.
    Pre-op Diet: 256lbs
    Surgery day: 239
    Today: 169 - Loss: 87lbs

I am now 14 lbs from my personal goal weight of 154lbs but to be honest, if I didn't lose another ounce it would not worry me. I am now a size 10 (sometimes 8) which is something I NEVER thought I would achieve again.

I am still losing but a little ...
  3. First Before and After Pics

I thought it was about time I posted my before and after pics to date. I absolutely HATE the before photo, as I cannot believe I looked that bad. But I guess in order to show my progress I have to bite the bullet and do it.

Start date of Pre-op 03.12.13, 256lbs (116.1kgs) - Surgery date 17.12.13 (108.8 - 239lbs) - 5.5 months out (80.7 kgs - 177lbs).

How do I feel?............Bloody Fantastic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.12.13 -116.1kg (256lbs).JPG 
Views:	718 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	19057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23.05.14- 5.5 months post op - 80.7kgs (177lbs).jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	19058
  4. First clothes shopping since surgery - woop woop

Well after yesterday's debarcle with my overeating I called into my local Department Store (50% off sale) to get some new pants. Due the varying sizes in my wardrobe I have so far not had to buy clothes but all my trousers are ridiculous.

OMG I am now a size 14 - Wish I'd had a camera in the fitting room, the look on my face was priceless (I had to whisper to myself "WTF a 14 that can't be right - but it was - and some were loose - yippee). Last time I was a 14 was at least ...
  5. Dumb Dumb Dumb!!!

So today I left my brains in bed and went to work. Huge morning tea we put on for a co-worker that was leaving. Normally I would just have one thing and leave it at that but no, not today.

The half sandwich was first (which by the way filled me up). Next to come was two crackers with cheese (yum), two rice crackers with camembert (also yum), three large potato chips with huge scoops of dip to accompany, a handful of plain potato chips and finished off with a small turkish delight ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast