Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dyork0028

1. Tomorrow is the big day!!

I am on an emotional roller coaster, full of normal hopes and fears (I hope they are normal, at least). First of all, I am very grateful to have the opportunity to have this surgery. However, since I got into this position in the first place because I use food as an "anxiety medicine", I am now really anxious because I don't have it to fall back on today. I am nervous that I am going to be in a lot of pain, extremely nauseous, vomiting, or unable to handle everything emotionally. I ...
  2. Christmas Eve Surgery!!

Now it is still starting to feel real. I spent all day at the hospital getting pre-op and everyone at the hospital kept asking me "Why are you having your surgery on Christmas Eve?" I had to tell them that I didn't pick the day, my surgeon did, and when you have waited as long as I have to get this surgery, you show up when the Dr. tells you. Of course, having 2 young daughters, I was concerned with their reaction when I told them that I would not be home on Christmas Eve or Christmas ...
  3. Protein overload!!

I am trying to get everything ready for my post op return home. I am researching protein drinks, powder, water...protein everything. Without knowing what I am going to feel like, if my tastes will change, what my new tummy will tolerate/want, it is hard to know what to buy. I am relying on information I have read on this site and it has been very helpful. I think I am just going to buy small amounts of several different kinds and try until I find something I like. What I would really love would ...
    Tags: protein Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  4. Those "almost touchable" milestones.

I have dreamed about this surgery for sometime. For years, actually. Unfortunately, the health insurance through my job didn't cover it. However, like a miracle, my husband's company picked up new insurance...and guess what? Woohoo!! I made an appt, with the surgeon the day after the insurance started. Literally. And now with my Christmas Eve surgery just around the corner, I can almost touch those small things that I thought would be illusive to me forever. Crossing my legs, standing with ...