Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congratulations!
    Congrats!! 94 pounds it's huge!! may be you are at your body's goal ...you will need to trick him to think it's not true ;-)
    Oh how sweet to read this?!!!! Wow only 5 lbs from goal . You're doing an awesome job! CONGRATS!!!!
    Just 5 lbs!! You are SOOOOO close! You can do it!! Probably some small tweaks and you'll get there!
    Congratulations! and like you said you are only 5lbs away! so I am so excited for you!

It is all about the journey isn't?
    I juxstt 5 pounds away from my goal but I okay I will reach it.
    Happy Surgiversary ! ! ! and congratulations on the weight loss, you look great
    Donna, congratulations to you. You look wonderful.
    Thank you for being an inspiration. I've been at such a stall and feel like I won't hit my 1 year goal for myself either. I like your attitude and it helps peeps like me. Congratulations on your journey!
    Hi Donna - Congratulations! I can't believe it was a year ago I changed my mind to not have the surgery. Glad I changed it back a few months later. I guess I just wasn't ready. You look great and you're doing great!
    Congrats! You look great and you can still continue the journey!
    I haven't had my surgery yet. For you to post about your stall and then how it finally broke, is such great info to have. Thanks so much!
    This is great, and yes it is great journey I won't change a thing , it was the best thing I have ever done for my self......
    I sent her some good vibes as well, & all the others listed that went today. Good vibes to those who go tomorrow as well.
    That was very sweet of you to post.. Sure hope she is recovering well
    I eat regular food all of the time. Three pieces of pizza tonight...well, they were square cut, small, and I only ate the toppings...but, it works. I can eat pizza if it is ultra thin crust though (broadway is my friend).

You just have to learn what works for your sleeve and what doesn't. Bread products are really hard on me and I am almost three months out. I avoid breads at all costs...but lunch today was ramen noodles and that went fine.

I know my diet today was crap. My only defense is sick kids...

BUT, I am just saying that I am learning that in the beginning some foods just won't agree with you. Case in point...at the superbowl party I hosted, a pickle mixed with other food brought my meal back up...now, I can eat a pickle and it doesn't attack me like it did before.
    Well we dont know how far you are out from surgery but I have eaten the meat off a sandwich many times since my surgery. But I am 10 months out and am on FULL foods. IF You are in the early stages then you do want to follow the steps. Once you get off of soft foods and you want that rueben leave the bread on the plate, take small bites and chew well. Godspeed on your journey.
    Amen, lesson learned!
    Im four months out and still forget my new stomach is in charge now:-)
    you need to be careful, and I hope you have an easy and smooth recovery
    Good for you!!!
    A loss is a loss regardless of the speed:-)
    Good for you! God bless you also!
    I am different S I do weigh everyday, but at the same time,morning naked, and keep up with it. You will fluctuate and a couple of pounds is no cause for worry. You WILL lose the weight just don't drive yourself crazy with the numbers. I have always used my clothes as a great indicator of how I am doing. Too lose or too tight? Looks good or to small? Inches do not always come off with pounds so relax, it will happen!
    Weigh yourself one time per week and right after you use the bathroom in the morning ONLY. When your day starts and you drink or eat anything, it will always show on the scale, plus, if you are still mensing or have eaten something salt heavy, that will affect the scale. Just don't weigh everyday...
    I agree with everyone. Have your significant other hide the scale. Just get on it once a week. Otherwise you will be pissed a lot. Start looking at how your clothes fit and how you feel. Hang in there.
    Remember, your body has recently gone through and is still recovering from major surgery. As others have mentioned hide the scales.
    Everyone's suggestion to put the scale away is sound. Remember that it's not really about the number on the scale. It's also about the way your clothes fit and the way you feel. As long as you feel happy and healthy, that's really what it's all about. Personally, I've been at the same weight for the past 3 weeks and although it is frustrating, my body is just regrouping. It's been through a lot since my surgery. Best of luck to you... it will get better.
    First of all, it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to adjust after surgery (fluids, drugs, etc.). That is true for ANY surgery. Secondly, your body goes through daily fluctuations of weight loss/gain. Many doctors and nutritionists will tell you to only weigh yourself once a week or once a month; otherwise, you will get frustrated, angry and want to quit. I agree with those above that say put the scale away and limit the amount of times you weigh yourself. Finally, you will read hundreds and hundreds of posts on here that there is a stall between 2-4 weeks. This is because of the dramatic weight loss your body has just experienced and your body needs time to adjust to that weight. As frustrating as it is, realize that this stall is normal and that there is not much you can do to make it end sooner. Just keep focusing on getting in your liquids and starting to reintroduce your body to proteins. Once you are comfortable getting in your liquids and proteins, you can start adding in fruits and veggies. Remember slow and steady wins the race.
    I think for the first month don't way yourself! Ppl can become very obsessed over the scale.
    Look at the big pitcher you had surgery! Your body has to adjusted to it just like your mind! Put it away for a couple weeks. (:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast