Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mich-D

1. A brief update...hey gang!

Hey gang!

Today marks two years since I left my old life. 11/30/2013 was the last time I had a Dr. Doctor Pepper, XXL portions, cheese fries with extra cheese. I went on to a self-initiated and doctor approved 5 week pre-op diet.

Now, weight loss and health is good (in most areas). However, last week I woke up with my left eye bleeding. I am being tested for a tumor around the tear duct. That said, I am upbeat. My kidneys continue to improve (around 80%!) and ...
  2. Don't they feed you anymore?

Hey gang,

I am headed back to Denver for another week of meetings. That said, onThursday, I went to our Ann Arbor office and a number of people who hadn't seen me since a few days prior to surgery. I received a lot of compliments with the most memorable being; "so,they don't feed you anymore?" This was from a guy that once told me he liked being in meetings and training classes with me because it meant he wasn't the heaviest guy in the room. I responded,I still eat anything ...
  3. Greatings from Colorado! NSVs all around!

Greetings!

Hey gang!

I am in Denver this week with the new job. Still getting my feet wet. I.m on week 2. As I mentioned I have racked up several NSVs during the trip.

I flew coach! No one hit me with their luggage going down the aisle.

I have been walking everywhere.

In the past, people used to describe me based upon my size or width. Now, I am referred to as the guy who dresses real nice. Or the guy with a positive attitude. ...
  4. Wasn't recognized by a former colleague.

Hey gang,

Today planned to meet up with a friend and former colleague I used to mentor who moved over 18 months ago to Florida. He knew about the weight loss surgery but hadn't seen me. I met him at the office. However it took a few minutes as he didn't recognize me standing out front in the parking lot waiting for him! He said I looked great, more confident and ever taller! A very cool NSV.
  5. NSV: a new job!

Hey gang!

Life post-sleeve has been beyond amazing! I have lost track of all of my NSVs along the way. However, I can say I picked up one more...a new job!
    Prior to being sleeved, I seldom got second interviews for internal job postings and I often be asked if I could fly. Now, I am 200 lbs lighter , I have been focusing on my brand.

On Wednesday, I landed my dream job! I start the new position within the company as a program manager/instructional designer ...
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast