View RSS Feed

Graciegurl

1. Five Reasons Why......

I am grateful for my sleeve because:

I am learning portion control
    I am enjoying ever bite I take
    I am eating quality instead of quantity
    I am no longer fixated on what I want to eat next
    I am paying attention to the signals my stomach sends to my brain that say; Caution, reaching capacity!

Yes, I am grateful! If you are wondering if WLS is for you???? All you have to do is to read all the wonderful blogs from those of us who have had ...
  2. Sugar, Can I Ever Eat Sweets Again?

I have read a lot of posts regarding sweets... To eat or not to eat sweets tis the question. Well, for me the answer is simple. I love sweets, always have and always will. However, with that being said one thing I do know is that I am sugar intolerant and have built up a resistance to sugar aw well.

When ever I would go on a high protein, low carb diet ( there's that 4 letter word again ) detox from sugar and highly processed foods I would feel so much better. I would have more ...
  3. Omg..... People.... Throw the dayum scales away and stop bitching!

UUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, First, if you are one of these people that are going to be offended by my title you probably do not want to read my rant!

Really people?????? How long did it take for you to get to the place where you felt the only option left was to have some type of WLS?????? Like me, perhaps, it took years... Years of yo-yo dieting, trying the latest sure thing diets, soup diets, liquid diets etc.. Get my drift? Did this work? Perhaps for a short time but eventually after
  4. I dont understand why people hide the fact that they have had wls

I have read a lot of posts from people who do not share with friends, family, co-workers or even their primary health provider the fact that they have had some type of wls. I just don't get it! People see that you have lost weight and are eating differently so why not share the reason?

I know this is a personal adventure. I know that many people feelif others knew that they had wls they copped out or weren't strong enough to *diet* or took the *easy* way out.. blah blah blah....... ...
  5. Food, Dieting and Scales

I am sure many if not all of you can relate to the vicious cycle of food, dieting and the most vicious of vicious the cursed scale! And depending on what the number was on the scale, the scale set the tone of the day.

Okay, so knowing that in the past (I was sleeved 4/28/14) my day and my mental mind set was driven not only by what the scale reading was but by my addiction to food as well. And then add on the fact that I love food, ate food for no reason and ate food as an ally ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast