Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hi Barb. I live in Ontario and I had my surgery in Mexico by DR. Almanza. I got the extra insurance through the hospital there and it covered everything if there was any reason to operate again or if I got home and had to come back it would cover the air fare. Well, I wish I didn't waste the money. I had no problems and never met anyone that did, but I guess it eased my husbands mind. Good luck, Shirley
    Hope all goes well.....
    Congrats 2 u, im glad ur hubby will b there 4 u
    I know that exact feelin minus the hubby! That is y I chose the username that I did
    Congrats and your son will come around!

What an exciting gift you have given yourself

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
    Congrats on your new life!!!

You will be so happy you did it...

Merry Christmas to you...BEST GIFT EVER!
    Have a safe trip and see you on the sleeved side!
    Hi Barb,
    I am in Langley. I am 3weeks ahead of you, I had my surgery on Nov. 12th. I'm sure you have heard this before, but the sooner you can get up and walk the better you will be. Good luck and remember each day will get better.
    Linda
    Hey there, I see you live in Surrey BC. I lived in Boundary Bay for many years looking over the bay to White Rock and mt. Baker. All the best to you, it is nerve racking at this point and then it only gets better. Hope recovery goes well and you enjoy all the changes. I am at 18 mo. and so happy that I did it. Hugs and cheers.
    Good luck. Praying for a speedy recovery
    Best of wishes and safe travels!!
    Good luck
    So happy for you! Prayers for a speedy recovery! Good luck on you new beginning and I'm sure your son will come around!
    I'm starting my three day liquid preop diet and it's hard!! I'm so tired and hungry. I hope I'm doing the right thing? I can't reverse it so I'm stressed
    Idk abt the tummy tuck but u will have 4-6 stab wounds on ur abdomen after surgery. Good luck 2 u, my sx is Dec 6th
    Good luck on your surgery. Which hospital are you getting it done at? Hope all turns out. My surgery is January 20 . Getting nervous already.
    Another Dec 3rd surgery person here. I have been sick with a cold and don't have much appetite and that has helped me keep with the pre-op diet. On Friday I start full liquids until surgery day.

Good luck my fellow sleevers!
    My surgery is Dec 3rd too... I will be thinking about you that day.. We can do this... I cant wait to be more healthy and look smashing in some new clothes :-)
    I had it done in TJ and couldn't be happier with the decision.
    DO IT.
    Just over two months out. Down 54 lbs. best I've felt in years. Very pleased with my sleeve and the care I received in Mexico. So glad I had it done. Good luck to you with your decision.
    Do what's best for you and your mom. As far as Mexico goes, many and I do many people on this board and others have gone to Mexico to have their surgery and have not encountered any issues whatsoever, or any more issues that one would encounter here. Don't be scared off of Mexico by others that didn't have their surgery there. Read and do your own research.

IMHO, Mexico is a very viable option for WLS.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2
    I would research hard and long about having it done in Mexico. Remember, you get what you pay for. Good luck in your decision!

Nothing wrong with surgery in Mexico.
    The sleeve is the best decision I have made. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I would reccomend it to everyone, it has totally changed my life. Good luck.
    The only thing that I can say is I love my sleeve and do not regret getting it done at all. If you can get your mom to do it with you, BONUS!!! I hope that you both make the best choice for each of you. Good luck!!!
    I have read many, many blogs on here of people who have had their surgery in Mexico and had an excellent experience. Just do your research and you will do great! I am 54 and my mom is extremely overweight. Watching her loose her mobility is what convinced me I needed this surgery so I wouldn't go down this path. Now she has a very hard time breathing, and I doubt that surgery would even be safe for her at this point. I can't bear the thought of loosing her, and it is breaking my heart. I wish we both had done this long ago.
    Do it!!! I just got back from Mexico and it was the best thing I ever did. I live in Ontario and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything. Sincerely, Shirley
    I'm in the UK, so don't have personal experience of US vs Mx. From posts on here though there appear to be some excellent surgeons in Mexico, and some conveyer belt cowboys. Have a look at the groups on here, and find out about the experience of different people. Also consider the issue of insurance for complications, as some people have ended up with large bills when they've needed follow up care in the US. Good luck with your choice!
    My mother starting eating better when I came home from the hospital and she is down over 20 pounds and her blood work numbers are good. I am proud of her! She is 18 years older than me. Good luck with making your decision. We are here for you!
    Good luck 2 u
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast